Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Fake lashes: yea or nay?

Lynnie, on April 25, 2018 at 14:39 Posted in Beauty 0 29

Will you wear fake eyelashes for the wedding to help your eyes pop? Falsies can really help open and emphasize your eyes in pictures and take your look to the next level! I'm personally a big fan of the small clusters you can add individually to get the exact coverage you need over the full strips. Smiley shame

What will you do on your wedding day? Fake lashes: yea or nay?

Fake lashes: yea or nay? 1

Photo from Obsidian Artistry in Calgary

Fake lashes: yea or nay? 2

Photo by Holly McFarlane Photography in Guelph

29 Comments

Latest activity by Zii_Lizard, on June 11, 2024 at 19:00
  • Jane
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely yes!

• Tasha
    Curious April 2019 Alberta
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've got pretty good natural lashes, and I'm definitely going for a more minimalist/natural look for my wedding makeup, but I was definitely considering falsies (despite never having tried them before) just because I know I'm gonna cry several times during the day! Haha

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Totally getting lashes. i love how i look like such a babe when i have them on. Smiley smile

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No false lashes for me. I had a lash lift and tint done. Lasts a long time can be done ahead of time.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope! I had originally planned on it because so many people recomended them to me.. But when i did my makeup trial my artist said i dont need them and that a lash lift and mascara will work just as well for me Smiley smile
  • Charmaine
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Charmaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wear falsies everyday, so definitely going to use them for my wedding. I usually wear ones that look very natural, but for the big day will go with something bolder.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh for sure! I will do my research good! Anything going close to my eyes its the best or not at all haha!

And omg trust me... I want to get mascara on him so badly. Just to see how wild I can make them hahah! Maybe one day when he's sleeping...

• Trinity
    Beginner May 2020 Ontario
    Trinity ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They are definitely worth it! You get what you pay for though so do research and go to a reputable lash technician ❤️ And ugh same my fiancé has the most beautiful lashes...just get some mascara on those bad boys and his eyes would just be poppin! Aha Smiley smile
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am for sure going to look into extensions for the wedding! I have a few friends who have done them and they are amazing!

I'm so jealous my fiance has THE NICEST EYELASHES EVER... So wasted on him ahahah! Gimme that...

• Trinity
    Beginner May 2020 Ontario
    Trinity ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lash extension all day everyday. Literally the best thing, I use to wear a full face of makeup with liner the strip lashes and everything use to spend an absolute fortune. Now since getting these, I’ve gone almost 7 months already without ever really wearing or buying makeup, life changer really
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope! not for this girl
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Originally I was all for this! I don't plan to wear a lot of eye makeup so I figured lashes would help my eyes pop. But I did a photoshoot not too long ago and the makeup artist put fake lashes on me and I kind of hated it..and they were the natural light weight ones too! So I'm not considering just having some of the clusters of them just for some extra volume, I already have naturally long eyelashes but they don't stand out much because of my glasses.
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Had the false lashe extensions put on and personally thought it was a waste of money only because I like to wear eyeliner and with false lash extensions you are limited to oil free make up, washing off the makeup was a pain, you can’t wet them for 24 hours after getting them, they naturally fall out so by the time your wedding day creeps up you might be missing half of them! (True story, happened to one of my galfriends at her wedding!).

Since I wear false strip lashes almost daily and have already mastered the technique, i’ll Probably just wear those Smiley smile also way cheaper.. $12/ 5 pack at Walmart vs. $200+ for lash extensions.

Just my opinion tho!
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! I already have mine picked out Smiley smile
  • Jenn
    Frequent user March 2019 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YES!!!!!!!!!! LOVE lashes!!!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely going with lash extensions! So much better than falsies.

• Cynthia
    Beginner July 2019 Quebec
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im a lash extention girl hehe they are my addiction now ;-)
    No way am i taking these babies off
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting lash extensions. I haven't had them before, but my sister has them all the time. I will be getting them before the wedding, with enough time to adjust and see if I like them, and then do a fresh fill the day or two before the wedding.

We are going on a 2 week honeymoon the day after the wedding, so I look forward to not having to worry about make-up in the Caribbean. Unlike false lashes, they will last much, much longer.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I will try them, but nothing too extreme! Still looking to go for a natural look but want my eyes to pop!

• Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding makeup comes with false lashes, so a yes for me. Plus I'm a bold eye makeup girl, so the extra drama will be good.
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I tried out the glue on fake lashes but ultimately ended up going with eye lash extensions. They don't bother my eyes like the glue on ones did and they hold up to crying. They also looked AMAZING in the pictures. I didn't need to wear mascara and i was able to keep my eye shadow to a minimum. The lashes did all the work. I love them and today i returned to work and everyone was like, WOW, i love your makeup... not wearing any, it's just the lashes looking awesome.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I already got myself a set of eyelash extensions. I have 24 days to go but wanted to get the set before to see how I feel. I LOVE them! So much so that I'm keeping them even after the wedding.

I find they add that finished look to your make up. When I had my make up trial I hated the glued on false lashes. They drove me nuts. Definitely happy I went with individual extensions
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was totally against the idea of fake lashes at first because I don't ever wear them, so why on my wedding day, but when I tried on them during my trial, I found it really gave me a little extra volume to help bring my eyes out more. My fiance was also against them at first, but once he saw them after the trial, he too was good with them. Definitely worth trying them on during a trial to see if they are for you or not.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t know. I don’t normally wear mascara because I have fairly long black eyelashes (Mum’s always been jealous, I got my dad’s eyelashes lol) So I’ve never worn false eyelashes. I feel like I’ll probably skip it.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know I want artificial lashes, but I’m not sure whether I want to get eyelash extensions beforehand or get my makeup artist to put on false lashes on the day of. I’m going to talk to my makeup artist about it. I don’t like mascara very much, but I like false lashes. And my lashes are pretty short.
  • Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't decided yet!

I'm seriously on the fence, I have really long black (natural) lashes but I'm afraid of mascara while I cry during every moment of that day: vows, speeches, kiss, smile... it's going to be awful LOL

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure! I've never worn false lashes and have very long lashes to begin with, so it all depends on how my makeup trial goes.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will. I’m a cryer, so mascara is a bad idea for me.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yea! I want false lashes. They really do complete the look!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics