Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Fake eyelashes - a must, or too much fuss?

Joey, on October 12, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Beauty 0 29

Will you be wearing false eyelashes on your wedding day? Are you going to apply them yourself or will you be leaving this to the pros? Will you be using individual lashes, or full strips of lashes? Or, are you going for semi-permanent lash extensions to last through your whole wedding week and into your honeymoon?

Fake eyelashes - a must, or too much fuss? 1

Photo by Pounamu Photography in Sherwood Park

29 Comments

Latest activity by Fiona, on January 21, 2019 at 14:16
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have sensitive eyes so I am going to do a lash lift and tint for the wedding, not as dramatic as some lash extensions, but better for me as it will be my lashes still

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely too much fuss for me, I am very low key when it comes to make up and don't want to go over the top.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Worth it... they look amazing in pictures.
    fakes or extensions both look great. Extensions are great if you want them for your honeymoon as well; I get them done before vacations and then I leave my make up at home..

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Highly probable. just glue on, simple ones. I am purchasing them for all the bridesmaids and myself. makeup artist will put them on.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Since I have long eyelashes, I’ll be skipping them and going with some heavy mascara instead lol.
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll likely be wearing them as they look amazing in pictures!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did. I'd never worn them before. Don't know that I would again but they did look nice!

• Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My makeup artist put them on and wowza! For someone like me that doesnt really get made up...I felt GORGEOUS! Lashes and all!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still undecided - I'll have to pick my MUA's brain. I've never done fake eyelashes or extensions, not even tinting them!!!! So I'm a bit lost when it comes to all those options.

• Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Natasha!

You can ask for different looks using different lash types - classic, hybrid, 2D, volume. Also, you can tell your lash technician what style you’re going for - dramatic cat eye, natural, doll eye - they’ll choose different thickness of lashes depending on which look you’re going for, as well as the curl and length!

I wear makeup everyday - had my lashes done before I went to Cuba, and my lashes lasted the entire week (+2 weeks after we returned) in the humidity, salt water and pool water. It also depends a lot on how you take care of your lashes - they’re an investment, so be gentle with them and they do take some time and effort to care for. Keep them dry when you can - or if you get them wet after a shower, dip in the ocean/pool - rinse, dry and brush.

A other factor to consider is your natural lash cycle. Whenever your natural lashes fall off, more likely your extensions will fall too since they are applied to your natural lashes. And finally, the skill of your lash technician can play a big role in how long your lashes last as well!

Hope this somewhat helps Smiley smile
  • Natasha
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Will the individuals be dramatic enough for the wedding day? Also, when I take off my makeup after wedding will they last and stay full for honeymoon which will be two days after?
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fake lashes all the way for me! I apply natural ones a few times a month so I'm pretty comfortable putting them on so that they look like my lashes. Everyone I've seen with extensions look just as fake as false lashes, so I'm not sure I'd be comfortable having them on, knowing I can't wear mascara with them, plus they look pretty bad when they start falling out.

• Monica
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Natasha, get lash extensions done! They’re so amazing and once you try, it’s like an addiction - you can’t stop haha. They last about 2-4 weeks depending on your lash artist and how you take care of them. They also look more natural than strip lashes!
  • Monica
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have lash extensions done every 2-4 weeks. It’s been my routine for a few years now, so definitely on my big day, lash extensions 1-2 days before to make sure they’re fresh is key for me. Lash extensions really help to make my eyes pop and I don’t feel the need to have heavy eye makeup - looks more natural to me. Don’t know what I’d do without lash extensions!! Mascara and eyeliner don’t exist to me anymore!! Lol
  • Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I chose to hAve lash extensions done so I don’t have to worry about mascara running on the 20th. Even had my girl add some purple ones to go with my wedding colours.
  • Natasha
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Gina. I have got individuals extensions before and have an awesome girl that does it. I’m just worried with the wedding makeup being so heavy around my eye kid they will get Damaged or fall out when I am removing my makeup.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    There are different types of lash extensions at salons! Some are more dramatic then others. I would look up local places and call to find out which ones give look you’re looking for. Then you don’t have to worry about mascara for your whole trip! Haha
  • Jessica
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me it’s a no way for my sister wedding the makeup artist didn’t even want to put fake lashes on me because my lashes are already so long I don’t need it.
  • Natasha
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely yes BUT my only issue I want to do individuals because I am going on my honeymoon right after and want to have them but I fear the strip gives a more dramatic look I would like for the actual wedding day. What to do?????
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have had lash extensions on for almost 3 years now, non stop. I will definitely be continuing till the wedding!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me, they are a must. I have done professional photography with them and without them. They make SUCH a difference in photos!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm on the fence. My eyes are hella sensitive and I have reacted to most adhesives in the past. I might try extensions, one MUA I'm considering offers them included in the bridal package but I'm worried about reacting to those as well.

Like Tori, my natural lashes are pretty full and I'm usually good with a good mascara, plus once I get most false lashes on (if my eye hasn't swollen shut), they compete with my natural lashes and they fall off. I might also try Leah's idea of castor oil to get more length.

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Must. i considered extensions but i have such sensitive lashes, no go. instead i treated myself to a very pricey pair of falsies that look natural+

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes yes yes... sorry, but I think this is a 100% must. Maybe in person you don't really need them, but they make a world of difference for photos... it's a simple thing to make a big difference.

I want to get lash extensions, because we are going straight to our honeymoon, and I want to be able to go 'no makeup' for most of it. My sister suggested I get volume lashes because of the full faces of make up I'll be doing for the wedding and dinners on the cruise.

I'm going to do a full set a few weeks before the wedding, then adjusting any details and getting a fill a few days before the wedding.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am still undecided on this. Since I've danced competitively for many years and wearing fake eyelashes all the time, I have wanted to stay away from them. But then the woman doing my makeup posted a comparison of make up with and without eyelashes I have contemplated using them for my wedding day.

I still have a lot of time to go before I need to decide this, but I don't know which way to go!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They’re lovely but im going for the natural look, and I’ve never worn them so I don’t think I’ll start (a coworker had a nasty reaction to glue).

s I beef up my skin care regimen, I may start applying castor oil to them to help them grow, but other than that and some good mascara I’ll pass.

(Side note - I’m blessed in that I’ve never had to pluck/tweeze/wax my eyebrows. They’re natural shape is perfect and all I’ve have to do is rub my fingers over them and I’m good to go! As the story goes, my mother plucked hardcore when she was pregnant with my brother and I and as a result we’ve never had to touch/fix them. Thank goodness- I’m way too low maintenance/awkward to have that be a thing.)
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Getting extensions before the wedding 100%!! This is a must for me since I went be wearing my glasses I need some help to make my eyes bigger (I always feel they are too small for my head hahhah)
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope! I don't need them. My eyelashes are so long that I have to keep an eyelash curler on me at all times because they interfere with my glasses otherwise Smiley laugh

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not going to do false eyelashes. Not worth the fuss with everything else going.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics