Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Trisha
Curious October 2018 Ontario

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date...

Trisha, on March 25, 2018 at 17:01 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 34

Hey all...

My Fiancee and I are having our photoshoot this June - We have been talking non-stop about what to wear, and where etc. We aren't sure what we want for our Save the Date to look like etc...

I've never had a photo shoot before? So, I'm really shy about this...lol

Help us out? Share your Engagement shoot and Save the date or any ideas? =)

34 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on March 29, 2018 at 18:53
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No, our colours are blush, gold, and ivory! No, your wedding colours or decor don't need to be kept a secret Smiley smile

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha, that would be awesome! We actually took all the pictures at a Christmas tree farm.

Our first engagement shoot date was a disaster. We didn't even make it to the shoot. It was supposed to be in October, it was amazing weather, beautiful fall sun. Was going to be in a park with waterfalls. Got my hair and make up done. Decided last minute to take my FHs car instead of mine. 15min from the shoot we got a flat tire and type of cars we have (we drive identical cars haha) they don't have spare tires. You're "supposed" to have CAA or their own road side assistance. Well... My FH is too cheap for that so we tried calling all our family. Noone was free! We had to cancel the shoot and Uber it back to our house for a spare tire and Uber it back to the car since it was cheaper than a tow haha.

Moral of the story, Should have taken mine 😐 I had road side assistance on my car.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw thanks!

I was so upset when I first got them cause its hard to not compare yourself to instragram worthy pictures. But now, a few months later, I'm so pleased with them.

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's true, Joke makes things just easier and less tense. I hope I'll find an easy going photographer. Thanks.

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't done my engagement photo. But I've done maternity and family photoshoot. Just make sure you give an idea of how you want your photo to look like. Look and search on Pinterest for it and show your photographer so they know. Have fun and don't be shy. Your photographer is there to help you and your fiance.
  • Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful!

Thanks for the tips! Guess it's time to trust my photographer! Smiley smile Hope you decide soon which photo for the Save the Date. Good Luck! Smiley smile

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg these are beautiful photos!
  • Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah! Good idea! - Send photographers ahead of time to get an ideal poses I want...Thanks for the tip!

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful!! (Love your hair btw!)

That's a smart idea to use a photographer whos going to shoot for our wedding and use the complimentary package. Thanks!

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful!

The first photo is wow...I hope that is blown up somewhere!! Smiley smile Thanks for giving me some ideas.

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful!

Love the first photo!...I love scarves so you definitely gave me an idea what to wear - thanks!

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful! (I love your hair btw)

Like your Save the Date idea! Were the colors with what you both wore, the color of the wedding theme?

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful!

I love your Save the Date! I wish my brother thought of that while he was planning his wedding (He married in 2013 - He's a movie fanatic!). The couch idea, I am tempting to do something like this, my gf and I always enjoy watching movies and cuddling. Ideas Ideas! Thanks!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Having the right photographer is important. It's important to feel at ease with them.

We interviewed one photographer and just didn't vibe with her even though her work looked beautiful! We found this other photographer who we went with and I'm so glad. Its a husband and wife team and we spent a lot of the time joking with them.

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful!

Congratulations, and may your upcoming wedding be beautiful!! Smiley smile

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful pictures!!

The postures look natural. Great job!

Thank you for the advice...I guess now it's about finding the right photographer...?

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the advice! Smiley smile

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful pictures!

I love how it looks 'Canadianish' if you don't mind me saying... My gf is an American and I would totally love to do something like this to rub it off her American family/friends! Smiley tongue

Thank you for your advice. I am self-conscious about having these photos taken but...*sighs* it gotta be done. Smiley smile

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful pictures!!

Not a bad idea to pose in water. I love water, my gf loves nature (trees, rocks etc)...

I love the save the date design, it was something we have been eyein' on. Not sure what we want yet. DId you choose the color because it was the color of your wedding? or was it different? We aren't sure if we should do that - I mean, does it have to be a secret or?

• Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley smile Beautiful! My gf and I are always silly with each other...she would do something similar with the 2nd photo. Smiley smile Thanks for ideas!

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did two save the dates. One serious and one where we are having a great time.

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 1

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 2
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did our e-session at the place we went to on our first date. We wore colours that matched but were slightly different. Your photographer should be able to give you some tips on what to wear and can scout out locations for you!

Here are a few from our e-session:

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 3

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 4

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 5

And this was our save the dates:

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 6

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 7

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We sent our save the dates out before our engagement shoot. We got engaged in July but didn't do our shoot until November. It was so cold by the end of the shoot, I thought my hands would fall off lol.

I was so awkward. I never had a professional photo shoot like this. I did those candid Sears photos, but it's not the same as live movement. I was so disappointed in the way I looked in most, i almost cried. It made me start to eat a bit healthier and work out again. I haven't lost a whole bunch of weight, but I feel better in photos.

My advice is to try and be as natural as possible. Be aware of your posture but just have fun with it. Forget the photographer is there.

Here's a few of my favs. We did our shoot at a Christmas tree farm.

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 8

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 9

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 10

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 11
  • Amanda
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you are really unsure speak to your photographer! They are professionals and will say what works in what lighting/setting
    Also Have fun!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The engagement shoot was a huge learning curve for me. We went fairly casual clothing wise and I wish I had dressed up a little bit more (I wore denim shorts and a cute three quarter length blouse). I also cried because I thought some of the photos were so unflattering.

HOWEVER - It made me realize there's things I should do and not do when photos were being done:

- Don't take constantly (I apparently never stop talking so I took a lot of weird photos).

- Be aware at all times that your photo is being taken.. bad posture isn't lovely

- HAVE FUN

I found the photos where I was more worried about what we were doing ie. My fiance lifted me at one point and I was like OMG ITS GOING TO BE BAD.. ended up being my favourite photo.

TRUST YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER!

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 12

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 13

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 14

Those are some of my favourites. We used the top one for our save the dates.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save The DateEngagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 15

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a friend do a shoot with us in the fall. We also had our official engagement shoot a couple weeks ago. We used a photo from our first shoot for the save the date. I felt more awkward in the second shoot but as someone else said it’s practice so it was helpful. Learning angles for my face for sure.

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 16

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 17

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 18

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 19
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had ours done last October at a local park. However our photographer is no longer able to shoot our wedding (for happy reasons for her!) So our new photographer is doing more engagement photos for us in May... We figure the more practice the better! I'm definitely awkward in front of cameras.

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 20

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 21

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 22

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 23

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 24
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had ours done at the guild park in Scarborough. With the fall we wore simple colours!

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 25

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 26

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 27

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 28

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 29
  • Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can relate to the nerves prior to an engagement shoot. I actually won a contest for an engagement shoot for my fiancé and I. I can’t figure out to wear either. I should mention Pinterest gave me some really good ideas for both outfits and poses. I’d suggest looking on there for any outfit ideas. Hope it helps!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just went out to the farm for our engagement shoot. We didnt send save the dates but we used the photos for our wedding invites and wedding website. Definitely had a beer before haha I take such awkward photos sometimes 🙈 our photographer was pretty good at telling us what to do or fixed my hair when it was out of place. My fiancé actually had a lot more photo ideas than me so it was really nice that he came prepared. Smiley winking

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 30

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 31

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 32

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 33

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 34
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was super shy before our engagement photos too! We werent originally going to get engagement photos taken but they came complimentary when we booked our photographer.

We actually sent out our save the dates before we got our engagement ohotos done so we just picked a goofy picture of us from my cousins wedding to use Smiley smile

Heres our Save the Date and a couple of my favorites from our photoshoot:

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 35

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 36

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 37

Engagement Shoot for our Save the Date... 38

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics