Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Newbie March 2020 Ontario

Engagement Pics

Fiona, on March 29, 2019 at 06:58 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Hey guys!
Recently engaged (March 6) and I'm wondering for those who have done so already, when should the engagement photos be taken?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsey, on April 1, 2019 at 16:34
  • Kelsey
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged May 2018 and we wanted to make sure we had photos for our Save The Dates - we had our pictures done Nov 2018 and sent out Save The Dates January 2019. We are getting married October 5th, 2019.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!!

Me and my Fiancé got engaged Dec. 30th 2017 and didn't get pictures until November 2018! We wanted to make sure the pictures weren't in Fall because that was when our wedding is (October 5th 2019), and to be honest we wanted pictures of when we got engaged so we waited until the snow was back and the light show that I proposed at was back as well Smiley smile

• Alie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged in August. Photos in September. And then used one of our photos as our save the date cards.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged May 2, 2018, did our engagement photos September 27th, 2018 and will get married June 6, 2020.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did ours two months before the wedding! It was pretty late to do them, but we got engaged end of September, picked our photographers by mid-October but that’s basically winter where I live, and I didn’t want winter pictures. Did them in May and we got married in July. We didn’t put a picture on our invitations so for us the engagement photos was a great time to get to know the photographers and what to expect on our wedding day!
  • F
    Fiona ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks ladies for the advice! I like the idea for a season of choice I think I'll do summer! Now.. to find a photographer!
  • F
    Fiona ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    March 2020!

• A
    Newbie March 2019 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When are you getting married ?
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can do them whenever is best for you. If you want to use them on your save the dates or invitations then it is recommended to get them done a little earlier. We got our first set done a couple months after we got engaged and then got our second set done about half year later. Our first set we were initially going to use for the save the dates and the second set we are using as the pictures displayed at the wedding.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When ever you want!

We did 2 shoots! We just wanted nice weather so we got engaged in December 2017 and did our shoots in July and August 2018!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!

We got engaged in September and decided to do our engagement pics at the end of October when the leaves were most colourful. Also since our engagement is only 7 months long...we decided to do it sooner rather then later.

If you have the time though definitely go with your favourite season Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can do them whenever you want! If you guys want to have them to send Save the Dates, I'd do them sooner rather than later, but other than that, it's totally up to you!

If you have a favourite season, I would do them then!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on your engagement! That is so exciting!!

I got engaged in February and did our pictures in August for our Save the Dates. Our wedding is in October so we wanted a different season than our wedding pictures.

But I agree with Kelsie! Go off your favourite season!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Kelsie! We didn't do save the dates but did them during a really nice summer night by our favorite locations.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to use my engagement photos for save the dates. I’m sending out my save the dates a year in advance (this July) so I’m doing my engagement shoot in May!

If youre not doing save the dates, I would pick the season you love best and do some then!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics