Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear?

Hank, on December 21, 2020 at 15:55

Posted in Wedding fashion 40

Let's see those engagement photos. I'm interested in the clothing choices you all chose! Let's turn this thread into a virtual pre-wedding red carpet. Did you envision a certain look and acquired clothes based on that, or did you formulate something based on what you have in the closet? Were you...

Let's see those engagement photos. I'm interested in the clothing choices you all chose! Let's turn this thread into a virtual pre-wedding red carpet. Did you envision a certain look and acquired clothes based on that, or did you formulate something based on what you have in the closet? Were you inspired a particular theme?

We kept it casual and wanted to reflect a date in the city vibe. I wore a blue linen-cotton blazer from RW&Co and contrasted with a Soul of London white shirt. Brown chinos, also from RW&Co to give off that earthy fall vibe. Had a pair of Steve Madden oxfords and a belt from Marks that coincidentally just complimented the blazer and pants perfectly. Finished it off with a silver bracelet Fossil watch. She wore a silver top from Dynamite, which is the colour of our wedding party. Her coral skirt is from Uniqlo and I love how it adds warmth to the photos, especially in the city shots. Open-toe snakeskin heels are from Naturalizer (she swears by their brand as being the most comfortable heels), and a rose gold coloured necklace with crystals from Bittersweet to match her skirt.

Photos by Vai Yu Law Photography

cfb_64883.jpg

cfb_64885.jpg

cfb_64889.jpg

cfb_64887.jpg

If you're planning your engagement photos, hopefully this will inspire some ideas. Feel free to let us know what you have planned (if you know).

40 Comments

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Gloria! Smiley heart

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Gorgeous photos!
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 1
    Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 2

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 3
    We were between dressed up and casual lol. Taken Feb... just before all the craziness hit Smiley sad

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We dressed up for ours! My fiancé and I live in Newfoundland for work but are getting married back in Ontario where our families are. The move was unexpected, and I was the one who had to head out there. Even though we had been dating for less than a year, he dropped everything and booked a flight to move with me. We wanted photos to capture our time here, and the beautiful landscape! We both love the outdoors and the water, and obviously had to include our very senior dog!

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 4

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 5

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 6

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 7

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the colours you chose Hank. We decided not to do engagement shots at all. I hate the camera. Not really looking forward to all the pictures on the wedding day but it is unavoidable. I'd be happy with just a handful of pictures to look back on...
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I kept it casual. We had done ours mid July 2019. Ours was held at Fort Edmonton Park Footbridge

Photos By: Emilie Smith Photography

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 8

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 9

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 10

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 11

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 12

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 13

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 14

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 15

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 16

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 17

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those photos are awesome! I love the contrast in colours.

We went VERY casual with our photos, just wearing our usual clothing - mismatching socks are my signature look, so I couldn't not have them in photos! We started with taking some at home (showing the time of quarantine) and then went for a walk down to our favourite brewery.

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 18

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 19

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 20

*peep our kitten on the bottom right of the last photo*
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also kept things casual. I wore a dress from RW&Co I've had in my closet forever but never had a chance to wear and a black oversized sweater. I also wore a pair of my favourite boots from Frye which I think complemented the outfit nicely and made it a bit more interesting. My husband wore jeans and a polo. We wanted him to wear a flannel but it ended up being a really hot day even though it was October and he would've been too hot. I really wanted fall vibes and was hoping for some autumn foliage but Vancouver just wasn't there yet. Fortunately the leaves were still very autumnal for our wedding in November so we got some great fall photos then!

Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 21Engagement Photo Red Carpet - Who/What Did You Wear? 22

Photos by Shannon Elmitt Photography

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics