Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cynthia
Curious August 2018 Ontario

Electronic save the dates a good idea?

Cynthia, on July 12, 2017 at 19:58 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17

Hi!! I'm getting married in August 2018 and to save money since it will be a big wedding we were thinking about sending our save the dates via email or some kind of electronic invite. I'm just thinking that it might a little tacky? Or rather Im worried about what other people will think about them... We will of course send our wedding invites by mail but since the date is far away we didn't want to spend too much on the save the dates. Help!?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks! Smiley heart

17 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 5, 2018 at 21:57
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Electronically wise, it's not tacky and worth the link for others to view. My cousin had put together a website for the functions, times and location. I have seen another wedding invitation by another cousin's parents the same way to view the cards with the details provided to all guests.

You're on the right track and hope it goes well for you.

• Daniela
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's not tacky at all...it's the age of online everything so don't be afraid to do it electronically....it shouldn't offend anyone!

• Cynthia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a really great idea!!

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save the dates aren't mandatory, so electronic totally works. That said, you can get post card save the dates for less than $1 each if you want to go that route. Either way, totally up to you. We're doing magnet save the dates and eventually paper invitations, and sending people to our website to RSVP so there won't be any RSVP printing costs or return postage to worry about.

• J
    Newbie September 2017 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We used electronic save the dates too, and no one complained! We even linked it to our wedding website, so we got plenty of RSVPs within days of sending out the e-save the dates! I felt like it was a good way to save a bit of money and better for the environment too!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be doing electronic save the dates and invitations Smiley smile Personally i prefer to recieve things electronically so i dont have to worry about losing the invitation with all the details. My brother in law did all electronic invites for their wedding a couple years ago and it worked well
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi! We're using punchbowl. We upgraded to the plus member to get more options and they look nicer also.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My fiancé wanted to make our own in photoshop but paperless post has a bunch of nice ones for free.
  • Raluca
    Newbie May 2018 Ontario
    Raluca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey! I am looking to make save the dates online ! Which website did you use ?
    Thanks !
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Cyntia! I think it's a good idea! You could also add your Wedding Wire Website. As this people can fill in the RSVP and stuff. Guests can't enter my Wedding Website = Password - Wedding website - rsvp's & other pages - How To Manage Privacy on your Wedding Website - How To Create a Blog on My Website. Here I send you some information. xx

• Cynthia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought so too, especially now I find people rather have an e-invite to remind them of important dates. Thank you!

• Cynthia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the advice!

• Cynthia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! We finally decided to go that route.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent our save the dates via e-mail. No one seemed to think it was tacky at all. It's a great way to let people know information without a lot of cost.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it's a good idea! No sense in sending paper mail twice to everyone. I don't think ppl will care that the save the dates are via electronic. As long as they're notified.
  • Natalie
    Curious June 2017 Quebec
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did electronic save the dates. My hubby is an expert at photoshop so we edited one of our engagement pics to include some basic info and emailed it to our guests. I think in our day and age it's perfectly acceptable plus it's eco-friendly. We still mailed our official invites but requested that guests RSVPed online so it'd be easier to keep track. More old fashioned or less tech saavy guests had the option to confirm by phone. Worked for us Smiley smile
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did an electronic save the date. We made it ourselves although I'm sure you can get a lot of really nice templates online.
    We also used it to request everyone to send us their mailing addresses and we only had to follow up with maybe 5 people to get theirs.
    No one said anything about it being tacky but I've actually never received a save the date in my life so maybe it's not too big of a thing here

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics