Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Donna
Devoted August 2017 Quebec

Don't know wich color to choose for my maid of honor and best man

Donna, on February 24, 2017 at 16:09 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 17

Groom's suit

Groom's suitHi beautiful ladies,

Hope everyone is not to stressful with the Wedding planning. Like the title said I am having a difficult time choosing a color for my maid of honnor. At first I wanted to go with a gold dress or something similar for the maid of honor and a gold ties or other accessories with gold on it for the best man. But my fiancé doesn't see it that way. According to him, if the maid of honor put on a (example) pink dress then the suits for the best man should be like all light pink or something like that. He thinks that not only the accessories should reflect the color of the dress of the maid of honor. (I don't know if you understand me.)

For you to help me pick a color, I want to let you know that I am wearing a white dress and my FH will wear a red suit Smiley tongue

Can you please help me with a color that can match ours.

Wedding dress

Wedding dress

17 Comments

Latest activity by Donna, on February 27, 2017 at 09:43
  • Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes I was thinking about the grey too I really think it's a good idea Smiley smile And yes I will let you all know.

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes it helps a lot thank you so much!

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you and yes I am having two bridesmaids and groomsmen Smiley smile

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

hahahhahah thank youuuuu!!!!! Smiley laugh

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank youuuuu I can't wait to wear my dress and the first look. Smiley heart

And I really love the ideas that you sent me especially the first one. Thank you very much for your help.

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

And thank you for the dress!!! I am in loooove with it Smiley heart

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Perfect!!! I will find some options of colours for him to see, convince him to be on the same page as me

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nice!!! I never thought about this, seems beautiful

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Perfect thank you I like your point of view. I was actually thinking about someting similar like this. I just I convince my FH now Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Donna! I'm so happy to see all the great advice you got in here. I love the colour of suit for the groom! Smiley heart There are also these discussions you could take a look at for ideas: 7 groomsmen style ideas

Groomsmen. What should be matching?

Bridesmaids Accessories to Mix & Match

What colour of suit do you have in mind for the groomsmen? How about grey or the same colour as the groom? I think the gold dresses for the bridesmaids would be a good idea too Smiley smile

Let us know what you choose! I can't wait to see it! Smiley love

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Donna, I agree with ladies on here. What we did was have the group wear colors that are complimentary. If you like you could have them wear different colors to compliment each other as there is no set rule that everyone needs to match. Hope this helps!Smiley smile
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love your dress... I agree with you about the accessories... Are you having other bridesmaids groomsmen?
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agree with what has been said so far!! I CANNOT wait to see your photos!!!! Damn, that dress and suit! You guys are gonna look super flyyyyy and stylish!!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on the colours. If one of your colours was navy, then maybe you could do a navy dress and a navy suit but for gold, I think it's better to have the accents. If you had the guys in gold suits, it might look a little cheesy. Smiley xd I agree with Val, show him some Pinterest pics so he can better visualize! Less is always more and if you do a pop of colour in the tie, vest and pocket square it will stand out more against a neutral suit than if the entire suit was in that colour. And you want your groom to be the star so his groomsmen shouldn't be as bright as him!

Here are a couple I found:

Gold Wedding Party

Gold Wedding Party

And I love your dress and the red suit! That is going to look so stunning on your wedding day!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That wedding dress is crazy gorgeous btw. But no way!! The tire or pocket squares to match the dress is perfectly fine!! It's pull up some pictures on Pinterest so he can visualize better. I think a gold tie to match her gold dress would look great
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know that my Bridesmaids and groomsmen are not matching ... the only thing we all have in common is the same colour footwear ... but different variations

• Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my opinion, the bridesmaids definitely do not have to match what the groomsmen are wearing. It is nice when colours tie in- for example your bridesmaids could wear a pink dress and the guys could wear a pink boutonierre or a pink hankerchief to tie the colours together.
    Your fiancé's way of thinking will cause for colourful wedding pictures unless that is what you are into.
    If your fiancé is wearing a bold colour like red then maybe you should stick with neutral colours like gray, gold or a beige colour for the wedding party.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics