Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user November 2017 Ontario

Do you tip on your wedding day ?

Chris, on August 31, 2017 at 17:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
I understand you tip hairstylist and make up artist as I tip generally when I go .
I have a videographer and videographer assistant, 3 main photographers and 6 photography assistants as part of a package. The cost is 5k . Do you tip on top of this? If so what amount ?
I have a wedding coordinator as well do I tip the wedding coordinator? If so how much?
Do you / are you tipping servers and bartenders ?
Just wondering
Thanks Brides

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 09:15
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Tipping is an option deoendung on every couple. We didn't tip any vendors just a thank you card was enough for us.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How much do you tip??

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Typically the photographer has their own business you don't tip them, but it's honestly up to you and your FH to decide that. If you like the job they did then why not?

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would start by checking your contract to see if gratuities are built into the overall price of the package you selected. Some vendors will include this so you don't have to think about it (our venue includes gratuities). For those without gratuities, I agree with Samtam's thoughts.

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would probably just do a lump sum and they can divide it up.

• C
    Frequent user November 2017 Ontario
    Chris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks as we have 11 people as part of videographer and photographer team no idea do we tip all 11 give lump some tip to owner and no idea how much to tip
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've heard that you generally tip if the person is not the owner of the company. We felt like our vendors did an amazing job so we still tipped them even if they were technically the owners. We tipped our hair and makeup artists, officiant, photographer, videographer, DJ and photobooth attendant. If you have a wedding coordinator and they did a great job, I would tip. The servers and bartenders depend on your venue/catering. For us, there was a service charge included that covered the servers and bartenders so we didn't need to tip on top of that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics