Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Frequent user September 2018 Quebec

Do you have nightmares regarding your wedding day?

Melissa, on August 13, 2018 at 16:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22

If so, please share your stories!

Do you laugh them off, or do they make you anxious?

Since I've started planning my wedding, I've periodically had nightmares regarding the wedding day and things going completely wrong. My friends and I find them hilarious so I've been cataloguing my misery and wondering if others are experiencing the same!

Example: I had a nightmare that my dad didn't pick up my wedding dress and told me to "just wear jeans" on the big day. I would up RUNNING to the dress store in my white robe, hair all done up, just as our planner called to tell us the rental company hadn't delivered the rentals, so the venue would be completely empty and then he hung up on me.

22 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on August 17, 2018 at 00:46
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had two:

Someone started a Facebook group for our wedding and invited a bunch of people. A friend from high school who I haven't talked to in a decade and lives in another province said that she was coming!

The second one was that my husband called off the wedding and I was only upset that I wasn't going to get to wear my dress!

• J
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have multiple each week. I think I’ve got some major anxiety issues, lol. But they really stress me out. Some wine completely irrational, others are not.
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that’s rare these days, everyone thinks I’m a weirdo 😆
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh goodness! That would not feel good. I feel ya, I don't drink pop or anything carbonated.

• Lyla
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yup they tried making me chug a fizzy cooler and start our first dance after, I was like “NOPE you’re Gonna give me 5 first” lmao pop doesn’t sit well with me!
  • Jessie
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a good idea. Something light but healthy. I'll probably get some fruit to go with it.

That's not a lot of food lol I understand why though, don't want to feel bloated when everyone is watching the first dance Smiley smile

• Lyla
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’d recommend snacking on veggies while getting ready and on your way to pictures. I only had a yogurt all day up until supper.. I was starving and had to make sure I didn’t eat too much for the first dance haha
  • Lyla
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I once had a dream about showing up to the wedding rehearsal in my dress and feeling the horror as my FH saw me in it lmao.. another one was making countless trips home for decor that I kept forgetting, then being in my dress trying to decorate and do my makeup, only to realize the guests had been waiting for an hour and none of my vendors showed up, I was sobbing on the phone trying to reschedule everything when I finally woke up. I was stressed out all morning from it!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've had multiple nightmares about the wedding, especially as I'm in the middle of planning : some I laugh off, some I need to talk about with my FH in the morning.

Laugh off: 1) My mom dragging me and my dad down the aisle. 2) Being stuck having to dance to the same song all night.

Need to talk about: 1) walking to the aisle to an empty 'altar'. 2) Guests laughing at my dress or our wedding in general. 3) My FH calling it all off.

• Jessie
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My worry for our wedding day is that I am going to be so nervous yet excited and I won't be able to eat or drink and then not feel good. I get like that when I have interviews or important things like when I picked out my dress. I just want to feel my best and enjoy every second of our day!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had nightmares while planning. I used to dream that people didn't show up, things were missing, I didn't have a dress, my husband was not the same person anymore...all odd, none of which made me anxious too much though.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The one ive had a couple times is that our nieces mom (my FHs brothers ex) creates some excuse on why she can't come to the wedding. And this happens 1-2 days before our wedding.
    These nightmares happen as her mom does this all the time when our family has stuff going on.
    Luckily nieces stepmom reached out to the Ex about lots of things including our wedding. And she was receptive. So fingers crossed keeps this line of communication open.
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have nightmares about my dress. Specifically that they didn’t order my dress and I don’t find out till a couple of months before hand. That is really the only thing has got me stressed out.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't had many nightmare yet! A few worries about the day of but nothing crazy! My fiance and I dont live together yet, I had a dream where we got married and then that night we slept in our different homes and THAT was a nightmare hahahah!! Were planning on getting a place started for us soon to move into right away but the nightmare was still a weird moment hahah!!
  • Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A friend of mine is from Kenya and when he and his wife got married, their guests ate all the food before they got back from taking photos! And that was only one of the crazy things that happened at their wedding.

• Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YES! I have had a few of these over the last few... not having chairs so guests end of sitting on the floor for dinner, forgetting to order flowers, forgetting candle holders, forgetting to book a hair dresser.. the list goes on and on!

They definitely make me more anxious in the moment, but then I remind myself that I have 1.5 years until the big day, and I have already done 25% of the work!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally haven’t but I know on another post like this someone mentioned having a dream where they were releasing doves only instead of doves they were bees and every time I remember that I can’t help but laugh
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    People showing up in jeans...

Getting to the church and realizing I dont have my dress on...

Getting to the reception and seeing a bunch of strangers eating our food LOL

The usual nigtmares Smiley winking
  • Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes!!! I have had only two... but both about the same thing!
    i keep dreaming we get to our wedding day and I haven’t booked hair and makeup!! And then someone always comes to save the day (I cannot to makeup at all😂) guess it’s a sign to book my hair and makeup!!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't know there were anything but work nightmares until I got engaged. I occasionally have nightmares regarding where I'm at with planning. The one I had last night was that I had forgotten to book a hair and makeup artist, then my cousins were not going to make it because they got stuck in traffic.

I'm on the cusp of booking hair and makeup so that's definitely why I had this dream lol.

• Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a dream about hiring a wedding photographer. They sent us the poctures and they only took pictures of the tables, decorations etc and non of my FH and I or people in general. In my dream I planned a new wedding so that we could have nice pictures done
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have had a few - they were so vivid, and still are. Ranging from me running around like crazy, through muddy fields, on my wedding day in my dress trying to set up seating for guests in a greenhouse that was falling down (We are getting married in a church in the middle of the city, so this doesn't make any sense, but it's a dream, so I suppose it doesn't have to) to one where my groom didn't show up because he decided that he wanted to run away on some adventure so he left me standing at the alter.

I try and laugh them off; I really hope they don't get more intense as I get closer to the wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics