Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Do you have a theme?

Joey, on January 6, 2018 at 14:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18

Will your wedding have a theme? Most weddings have a color scheme, many have a style, but not all have a theme. If you're doing a themed wedding, tell us all about it! Show us your inspiration photos too. How did you select your theme? How are you weaving your theme into your wedding? Where are you getting your themed items? Why is this theme important to you?

Is anyone doing a nautical theme? Do you have a theme? 1

How about a Disney theme? Do you have a theme? 2

Check out this gorgeous travel theme!

Do you have a theme? 3

Please invite me if you're doing a Lego Star Wars theme!! Do you have a theme? 4

18 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on January 8, 2018 at 14:08
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like rustic but fiance doesn't, and it doesn't go with our venue, so I would say, if we were putting a name to what we are doing, our theme is nature.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have a theme at all really other than celebrating us. We had jazz to welcome guests (hubby is a big fan), I walked down the aisle to an HP soundtrack song (I am a HUGE fan!), our recessional song was by a group my hubby introduced me to and that we have seen in concert together, we incorporated craft beer bottles and wine into our centerpieces (he is a HUGE craft beer person and I like white wine), etc.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not really a theme... our overall feeling is classic vintage I would say (or I have been saying if anyone asks)

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It opened I'd say less than a year ago. It's very new and very amazing! Go on Facebook and look up Curiosa Toronto and you should find their page! I got a decanter that has a liquid luck logo on it!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

THERE'S A HARRY POTTER STORE IN TORONTO?!?!?!?! When did this open!? It makes me want to take a day trip there just to go to the store! lol Hopefully they open up an online store because I live about 16 hours from Toronto.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are planning to go back to the Harry Potter store in Toronto. They have a bunch of accessories and such that would be perfect. They are planning on starting up online shopping but it's not yet available.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been looking for some accessories but honestly can't find anything that isn't too over the top. We are going for a more subtle pinch of HP. We have a signature drink named after liquid luck, our cake topper, and even our hashtag. I'm sure we will incorporate a few more things in before we are done planning.

• Shay
    Frequent user February 2019 British Columbia
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yess! We're thinking the same thing for our slight star wars theme hahaha.

Do you have a theme? 5
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My FH is thinking of getting Harry Potter cuff links! I got him into Harry Potter when we started to date so it says huge accomplishment for me lol
  • Victoria
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nautical theme with our September 2018 wedding !
    I could totally go overboard with the nautical theme for sure via Pinterest but we’re sticking with navy blue colour scheme, anchor invitations and some rope and lanterns with ample candles for the decor.
  • Shay
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    There are SOOOO many awesome harry potter wedding ideas out there. I'm a huge fan...but FH hasnt even seen the movies. If he liked them I may have gone this route hahaha
  • Sheri
    Beginner November 2018 Ontario
    Sheri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our colours are black, white and bling and our theme is Happily Ever After. We are getting married at sea and for us the Happily Ever After is the blending and celebrating of the two families. w e do not have a bridal party and we are asking guest to wear those colours and treating each of them as part of the celebration. It’s our one formal black tie moment on this seven day vacation then everything else is just fun. We will have signage and booklets and cake toppers with that theme
  • Shay
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hahaha Lego star wars. Thats awesome. We actually have chosen may 4th as our date and really want to include little star wars ideas. FH is a big fan, I actually came up with the idea but want to keep it classy..not tacky. Couple inspo pics attached...and want to include a star wars themed photo booth!

Do you have a theme? 6

Do you have a theme? 7
  • Jennifer
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our colours are blue and tan, if i had to pick a theme it would be rustic/ vintage because my fiance is a carpenter we wanyed to include wood touches.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    People keep asking what our theme is! We don't really have one, we aren't theme people. We just wanted a formal party to celebrate our wedding. It is an evening ceremony so we are just cozying up our hall with candles and string lights. Our colours are very plain as well, black, grey, white and some silver accents. We are theme free Smiley xd
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married in a barn, so I suppose that would be our theme. We both love country music so majority of the music will be that. We will be wearing cowboy boots too. The decorations and flowers and such will be like a summer theme, since it's June 2019. Nothing super fancy since we are both super laidback so it will be a casual feel.
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanna put some things from Game of Thrones, Star Wars and Disney in our wedding and our color is red (Burgundy) ("The Red Wedding" *cough*).
    For now it's mainly coming back in the music (all of the music is gonna be film / tv music) and in the flowers (making paper flowers from books, lapels with tiny paper flowers and Star Wars item etc), but we're figuring out how we're gonna do it all, since we still got plenty of time Smiley smile (June 30th 2019). It's gonna be an overall bit nerdier wedding and doing a morning / day wedding with boardgames / lawn games and such instead of evening with dancing etc
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a slight Harry Potter theme, but nothing thats over the top. We've added a few things here and there that show our love for the movies.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics