Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Do you get your rings cleaned?

Joey, on December 22, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 17

What kind of maintenance do you do for your engagement and wedding rings? Do you clean them at home? Do you get them professionally cleaned? How often? What works best for you? Share your tips and advice here.

Do you get your rings cleaned? 1

Photo by Tori Agius Photography in Fredericton, New Brunswick

17 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on January 23, 2018 at 02:47
  • Brittany
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I clean mine at home once every week or two (just to keep that sparkler sparkling!) I just put some dish soap in a glass, add hot water from the tap and let the ring sit in it for about 30 minutes. Perfect for when you’re showering or doing your hair and makeup. (I never wear my ring when I’m doing those things) and most jewlers will clean your ring free of charge once a year if not twice if that’s where you bought it from. Smiley smile it’s good to have them inspect the claws so you don’t lose any stones.
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have to get my rings inspected and cleaned every 6 months for insurance purposes.

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have to have my rings cleaned and inspected every 6 months at peoples Because they are insured there
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t had my engagement ring cleaned yet, but I get all my other diamond cleaned every 4-5 months approximately.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have to get them done at the shop twice a year. They clean them there, I try to be super careful when I am wearing my ring. I know my parents clean their at home.
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My guy has the very same machine that the jewelers use. So we do all my rings when I think of it or when he asks me if I want them done. Last year we cleaned all the girls ring from my work. They were so happy. If I didn’t have that machine I use jewelry cleaner.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't usually go to the malls or will be near the jewlerer, so I use a light bit of toothpaste once a month or so just to shine it up. I know some jewlerers say not to do that but it makes it sparkle.

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The jeweller my FH got my ring from is his client at work, so he cleans for me whenever I’m in town
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have to bring mine in every 6 months for inspection, so they clean them there Smiley smile

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I get mine cleaned whenever I'm in the mall pretty much, so every few months. They also clean it for me when I bring them in for inspection every 6 months.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My rings were bought from someone, so I do not have cleaning included. I will get it cleaned right before the wedding. I have heard of ways to clean it at home, but jewellers say not to. But, I probably will try it.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My rings came with a lifetime warranty that includes cleaning, so I go every 6 months as per the warranty.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take mine in to my jeweler, who is also a friend, every once in a while.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our jeweler cleans my engagement ring for me for free luckily. He's done all the work on my ring so he's our go to!
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I should be better about having it done professionally, but generally I try once a month to clean it at home. Let it soak in warm soapy water for a few minutes to loosen everything up and then take a clean super soft toothbrush and give it a little once over to get the dirt off. Works pretty well!

• Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine go in every 6 months, otherwise the warranty is void.
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have to take it in for a check up every 6 months with the jeweler. They inspect it and clean it, but anytime that I am in the mall I just drop it off for a cleaning while Im there. So maybe once a month.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics