Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Krista
Frequent user July 2018 Alberta

Do you ask your friends to throw you a bachelorette or just do it yourself?

Krista, on May 5, 2018 at 12:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

My wedding is in less than 3 months. My FH has his bachelor party planned in June -in Chicago- and I don't have one planned yet. I was just thinking of doing one locally since a lot of my friends are expecting. Did you plan your own or did you ask this of your bridesmaids....

Also I also don't have a shower! Is that weird not to? My family is in Ontario so I'm thinking again... too challenging. Do you ask for what you want (while putting this last minute kind of stress around it) or just do it yourself? Or skip it? Advice either way helps! Thank you!!!!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Lor, on May 11, 2018 at 14:37
  • Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im not doing a bridal shower because my family and friends are all over the place and just not worth having.

I have asked my MOH to do a bachelorette on a specific date and only had one requirement (Montreal Stripclub) but that everything else (hotel, dinner, activities) be a surprise. Shes totally on board and excited. shes making me a dress to wear which is going be so much fun.

If she wasnt going to make one... then i guess i would have done one myself. Especially if you arnt doing a bridal shower.... have a day thats for you. because as much as everyone says the wedding is your day... its actually the both of yours.... so make the bachelorette your day.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Adding to this! I actually just booked my own bachelorette for next year! 2 nights at a villa in a resort for the 6 of us! They all agreed so I went for it! Doesn't help to take charge a bit to get things going and I've already had some of them make hints they're planning things now too!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have a bridal party then they should be planning your bachelorette party. I don't know what happens in the case of not having a bridal party tho. Ask a close friend?

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your bridal party should be planning your bachelorette party. Maybe mention it to your MOH or BMs?

I didn't have a shower because I didn't want one and don't really like all the fuss so it's not unusual to not have one.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I recommend asking someone else to plan it! I think you have enough to plan without worrying about it. My bridesmaids are planning my shower and bachelorette, so much so that I have no idea what is going to happen! Only when!

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is planning it.
    i told her what i preferred and left the rest to her..granted, my MOH is my sister and she knows me better than my parents do.
    i basically just asked for a day with my BMs w/ either a spa day or brunch. nothing majorly complicated. im not a "party animal" who wants to stay up all night/drink/ etc.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't want a shower at all, so I don't think its strange. I sort of got made to it and it has ended up being really stressful.

Your bridesmaid should help plan, however, maybe mention to them you'd like to do one and some dates you're available. You can also suggest some things you'd be interested in doing and your MOH can then take it from there. That's what I did at least.

I am paying for my own portion of the night though.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We live in BC and all our friends and family is in Ontario. I won't be having a shower but my bridesmaids and I are planning a bachelorette here in BC. If you want one then definitely plan it yourself, talk to your girls and if they don't volunteer then just do it yourself.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A few of my bridesmaids have said they would plan mine but I would for sure step in and help in any way!
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sisters are planning my bachelorette party, and my aunties are planning my bridal shower. I think its something your bridal party should offer, but sometimes it doesn't always happen. You can always give little hints that you would like one. But personally I would always ask, it never hurts to let the loved ones around you know your needs. God says "Ask and you shall receive" LOL I always remember that line when i'm asking for anything lol. It can get really stressful planning a wedding, yet alone a shower and a bachelorette party!

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is planning my bachelorette although I’ve had to help her lots bc some of the other bridesmaids haven’t been responding to her. I think it’s something that should be offered but I realize that doesn’t always happen. My MOH seemed to just know she was going to do it bc she started talking about it months ago. I believe it is part of the MOH duties, has she not said anything to you about it or vice versa? I’m not having a shower so I don’t think it’s weird. If someone didn’t offer I probably wouldn’t plan them myself maybe a small get together with my girls but I definitely wouldn’t want the added stress! I’ve already been stressed enough just helping lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics