Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ezekiel
Newbie August 2022 Florida

Do i need to hire a wedding planner or organizer?

Ezekiel, on April 18, 2018 at 19:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

I’ve been together with my significant other for a few years now. And talks about marriage have been popping up here and there. I think we are about to get serious with the wedding plans. We met in a romance date tour and we never really saw this coming but we are both in the appropriate age for marriage and we are truly serious about each other.

I literally have no idea about how weddings take place. We aren’t planning for ours to be so grand or whatever, but we do want it to be close to perfect. Do I need to hire a wedding planner or organizer? Is it worth paying extra fees? Can somebody tell me the real pros and cons about hiring one?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 2, 2018 at 23:56
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding planners charge you enough for a venue amount. Its good to know you can afford their services based on how much they charge.

If it can be voided and saving yourself more money, everything can be handled by yourself based on your budget.
  • Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, that's what we wanted too! It's definitely an option to look into. Our planner has several options. They do full planning (the most expensive option), month of (starts at $1250), vision planning to help you just get an idea of what you want, or day of ($750). Obviously prices range depending on the planner, but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Best of luck with the planning!
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm sure whatever you two decide will be what's best for you in the end! Best of luck with your wedding. Smiley smile

• Ezekiel
    Ezekiel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe I need to sit down with my girlfriend AGAIN about this. It's kinda stressing me out. I want to do the planning personally but I also don't want us to be so worked up on the big day :/ Thanks for the info though!

• Ezekiel
    Ezekiel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like you have yourself a really good deal. This is exactly why I was thinking of hiring a planner/coordinator, I also want me and my bride to feel like guests in our wedding and not worry about the food, designs, etc.

Good luck for your wedding! Best wishes.

• Ezekiel
    Ezekiel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah that's what I heard from my friends and family as well. Personally planning your own wedding stuff and doing DIY projects really sounds exciting, I might just look into that too. And yeah, I might do a price comparison chart in case we decide to hire a planner. Thanks so much.

• Ezekiel
    Ezekiel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah.. I'm hoping we'll have enough budget for a wedding planner but I think it would be safer for me to do what you suggested. I should probably start doing some research on wedding checklists. Thanks for the advice Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I see that you're getting married in over 4 years, so I'd suggest doing a little bit of research on your own (venues, photographers, etc.), see what your guest list will be, figure out your budget, and go from there. Hopefully your budget has room for a planner, but if not, you might have enough time to create the magical day you want Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have no idea what to do or what you want, a wedding planner would be a great idea! It would take some of the stress off you since they know exactly what to do and when it should get done. That being said, it is a cost so look into that before hiring. We decided not to hire one because I wanted to plan everything and do DIY projects. Plus, we are keeping it simple. But, I have heard from others that a wedding planner was the best expense for their wedding since it took the majority of the stress off them!

• Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It totally depends on you. We have a coordinator through our venue, but there's sometimes limitations in what they will/can do. They help with venue related things, but anything over and above is your responsibility.

I've been considering a wedding planner for a while, despite being a very organized person, because I want to feel like a guest at my wedding. I recently won 35% off wedding planner services at a wedding show, and just booked them today for the month before. This includes: floral design and execution (at cost only), supervision of rehearsal, ceremony setup, reception setup and take down, assistance with getting through photo list, keeping our MCs to time, coordination of the hair/make up schedule, keeping the men on time, coordination with vendors (including week before confirmation of details), handling emergencies, pack up cards/gifts, etc. And it includes two people on the day of.

We're at the stage now, where all those tiny details are starting to come up, and I feel like they're going to be a huge help with this!
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really depends on you! Are you interested in doing research yourself or would you rather have someone make suggestions for you based on your preferences? From what I understand, having an event/wedding planner makes coordination a lot smoother throughout the process, especially leading up to the day of your wedding (not to mention they'll likely have years of experience working with brides and grooms of different budgets, cultures, tastes, etc). Many venues also include an event/wedding coordinator in their package so the logistics the day of, at least at the venue, are handled from set-up to tear-down. Apparently you can even hire an event/wedding planner for the day-of.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics