Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Do i need jewelry?

Stephanie, on February 26, 2018 at 11:14 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 20

I'm not much of a jewelry person so I was wondering if I would be able to get away without wearing a necklace. I was thinking the top is decorative enough, but now I'm thinking my neck might look too bare. If you recommend I wear a necklace, what kind?

Thanks!

Here is my dress:

Do i need jewelry? 1

20 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on March 6, 2018 at 11:21
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wish.com my jewelry is the lightening bolt looking none and my girls are the simpler one. The prices were a lot less though. You just have to keep watching and do it months in advance. I got mine 2 weeks in advance.

Do i need jewelry? 2

Do i need jewelry? 3
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't stress this one too much! The beat advice I got for dressing for your wedding is to keep your regular personal style in mind. Would you normally wear a Necklace. Then go for it! If not, then don't. I personally have a sweetheart neckline and don't usually wear necklaces so I will opt for a more chandelier type earing, a little longer, to help at least have something to show. I'll wear a very small bracelet and that's it!
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Umm please share the link?? Lol
  • G
    Newbie April 2018 New Brunswick
    Gaby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would opt to not have a necklace and instead have nice dangling earrings like the bride in the picture.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its totally your choice. Its looks nice without. But I would wear a nice pair of earrings. I was lucky I bought all my jewelry for my bridal party on wish 5 necklaces and earring sets for under 20.00 including shipping and handling.

• Cindy
    Curious November 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your dress is lovely! Given the small jewels on the dress already i’d said you can get away without wearing a necklace. If you do decide to go with a necklace, how about some pearls? They are often quite delicate or perhaps something small like in the attached picture? My friend had a lot of embelishments on her dress and she chose to wear a swarovski necklace.

Also as another example, attached is a picture of my cousins dress, she didn’t have any jewels on her’s and she didn’t end up wearing a necklace.

Do i need jewelry? 4

Do i need jewelry? 5
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I say wear whatever makes you comfortable! I won’t be wearing anything but a pair of earrings!
  • Sapphire
    Curious August 2016 Alberta
    Sapphire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Less is more.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could probably get away with a simple necklace and nice bracelet. Or just the bracelet. But honestly you could even go without any jewelry and still like beautiful. And then if you're comfortable with dangliy earrings I'd suggest that.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your dress is very pretty, and already has a bit of bling on the neckline. I think you can get away with not wearing a necklace, it's all up to you! If you aren't a jewellery person, I believe you don't have to go out and buy something you're only going to wear the one day. It's just another expense.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can 100% get away without a necklace. I love necklaces so I'll be wearing one nothing too bedazzled as my top is quite be-jeweled. I'm going cheap and will be purchasing from Claire's or Ardenes.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I skipped a necklace! I think big or dangly earrings and a bracelet would be perfect with this dress!!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can get away with no necklace!
    I'm not wearing one. I'm wearing drop earrings (but they're only an inch long) and a bracelet. Also want to keep it simple.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I understand where you're coming from 100%. It's such an unnecessary expense. I didn't pay much for my earrings from etsy because I knew I would never wear them again.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you can totally get away without a necklace. I didn't wear a necklace at my wedding and I normally wear one at least a few times a week.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I usually wear gold hoops. If I change it up for the wedding, I would probably have to get new ones as the silver earrings I have aren't really fancy. And, I would have to get a necklace too. So, I don't want to have to buy a necklace and earrings to wear just for one day.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I'm rather fond of my dress!

I am probably going to wear my hair completely up. I've been debating but it will be summer so I want it off my neck. I will be wearing a veil the whole night as well (a cathedral during the ceremony and some pictures and then a shorter one for the reception)

I'm not sure that I would be wearing long earrings like she is though.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm having the same dilemma too. I'm so unsure about whether or not I want to wear a necklace. I do have a dainty gold chain with really small pearls all around it that I was thinking of wearing but I'm a afraid that with my earrings it will be too much. The only other jewelry that I will be wearing is my ring. I'm not much of a jewelry person as well. I think, if you're going to go with a necklace, that I would go with something simple like a single small diamond or gem that way it doesn't over power it. Are you wearing earrings at all?

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How are you gonna do your hair?
    If you're wearing it down or half up / half down itd definitely work perfectly without a necklace
    (also even with your hair up (like the model in the picture) or if you have short hair should working, seeing she's not wearing a necklace either tho I do think it helps she's got that pose with the long earring and stuff)
    Btw, you've got a beautiful dress!
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Stephanie,

I think the model looks lovely without a necklace and you will too! I like that her earrings are pretty blingy - if she had a really decorative necklace it would likely be too much. The bracelet is a nice touch as well.

I think with jewelry similar to the photo you could really pull off a great, minimalist look. Also, if you still wanted something simple like a single diamond on a silver chain it would match the earrings without being too much.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics