Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Beginner May 2018 Alberta

Diy wedding coordination

Melissa, on July 18, 2017 at 00:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hi everyone!
Does anyone have any advice on coordinating your own wedding? I don't have room in my budget for a planner but have no idea how to organize a ceremony and determine a timeline of events! I'm having a very small wedding (about 30 people), so I'm hoping it won't be too difficult!
Thanks in advance!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on July 25, 2017 at 19:01
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Small wedding should be easy. Look at samples of ceremony's online, or talk to friends/ family that has been married. I'm doing the same thing but with a larger wedding. So I know it may seem stressful, but honestly, its just the thought of planning it yourself that stressed me out. This website has helped me substantially in planning. From wedding vendors, to getting ideas. Just stay organized and it should be a breeze! Also keep paper copies for everything u put on here if your using the site!! Smiley smile CheersSmiley heart

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I came to the same conclusion, that a wedding planner didn't fit in the budget. So I am doing it all myself. It is possible and not too stressful if you are organized. I made a list and started at the top with the most import items first and only working on one thing at a time. I would full time at a fairly demanding job and we have managed it. there are only 51 days left and most things are set up now it is just making sure the little things get done.

• Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am having 110 people at my wedding and doing it all myself (with the help of my wonderful fiance who likes being involved with it all) and I am loving it. All the details and challenges - I find it a lot of fun! I think it will get stressful the days before but I have a good set of friends who said they would help me. I think you will be able to do it for sure. Just start with a general wedding to do list and go from there. You just need to hammer out all the major things first....venue, food, drinks, flowers, dress, officiant and then the rest take your time and have fun with it.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You should be able to handle 30 people no problem! More than 50 I wouod say get some help! I planned my engagement party for 90 people and I was exhausted and didn't really soak in as many moments as I would have liked, not to mention the months of planning before hand! We didnt have a wedding planner or a day of corrindator in our budget but After my FH saw all the work that went into the engagement, he asked me to hire a Day Of Cordinator! He said You enjoy or even remember our wedding if you are constantly running around!" If you are doing it yourself, be uber organized and detailed. Keep notes, lists etc. You can also watch you tube videos for tips and tools. Also designate someone in your family as a point person that knows your plan so they can help you execute and delegate. This way when the day comes people aren't at you will questions every 30 seconds because you will have someone else who knows your plan too!
  • Stephanie
    Curious August 2018 Nova Scotia
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm also DIYing my wedding coordination. So far I've just been talking to friends who are also planning their weddings and also google or sites such as this to get an idea of things. I'm having about 100 people so I'm glad our venue will have a coordinator on the day off to accept deliveries and set up but the rest is all up to me!
  • Amelia
    Beginner July 2018 Alberta
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've asked my sister in law to be my wedding coordinator. She wanted to be involved but I already had all my bridesmaids. Plus she's been married so probably know better than I do how long things take. You can always try Pinterest for ideas too.
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sure you can google and find timelines that are similar to what you're wanting. Just be sure to ask vendors their advice. I've planned a lot of events but never a wedding. So ask your vendor how much time do they typically need for X. Ask the hair and make up team, if I want to be done by X time when do you need to begin?

It should make it easier for you!

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Melissa! Nice to meet! So exciting! Congrats! Here I send you some inspiration of other brides: Diy your wedding - Diy invitations & calligraphy - DIY decorations inspiration - Diy cake topper! - Planning a second reception - 12 Month Wedding planning Timeline. Let me know xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics