Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Frequent user September 2019 Ontario

Diy groomsmen and bridesmaid proposals/gifts and video!

Kayla, on July 6, 2017 at 13:47 Posted in DIY 0 12

Hey everyone I made my bridesmaids and groomsmen proposals this past week (I actually made a video showing them! The link is below! - Not the best lol but I tried) I'm about to deliver them all!

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share what they got as gifts for their bridal party for being in their wedding!!? Just to give me some ideas of what I should get them now that i'm done the proposing part?

https://youtu.be/XQ_P1VMsBhM

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 5, 2018 at 22:56
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never heard of proposing to bridesmaid or groomsmen. We just straight up asked our wedding party to be part of the day.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I might have done something if I had known. But since I didn't, I won't beat myself up about it. I like crafty things too and could have created something special. Maybe just before the wedding I could present them with something.

• K
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Sonja! You definitely do not "have" to give a proposal to your wedding party. I just like to do crafts and DIYed some fun things. They appreciated it and it was somthing was fun for me to do. I know lots of people who just didn't think of it, have it in their budget, or frankly want to. Its up to you to do whatever you want.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I might be out of step with current etiquette but I didn't know you were supposed to give a "proposal" gift to your wedding party members. I just asked them and they felt honoured to be part of it. Does anyone agree with me or am I alone in this opinion?

• K
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Zoe! It was actually just to show my mom lol I need a better camera. I love the links SO HELPFUL, thank you so much, I feel lost in wedding etiquette !

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kayla! I love your video!!! Can't wait to see more videos! Feel free to post them, they are super helpful. Smiley heart Here I send you some discussions with bridal gifts. I hope you like them. xxGift for your bridesmaids - Gift ideas for your bridesmaids - Your favorite gift - Bridesmaids: Gifts - gifts for parents xx

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far I've purchased personalized robes from prettyrobes.com. I have been eyeing up the bridesmaid collection bracelets from Kate Spade. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying those as their other gift and that's it.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No actually. It is a website called Wedding Favours

• K
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love that idea... Etsy?

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am thinking of doing a monogrammed throw blanket and a necklace.

• K
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Sasha!! PJs is a great idea.. I was thinking robes but i think PJs is better lol. I also wondered about budget.. I have no idea what to spend. Different sources say different things.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for sharing your video! I liked your idea of using the glittery gold tape for your bridesmaids bags!
    I am planning on giving my two bridesmaids flannel pajamas since it's a fall wedding and we are having a sleepover the night before the wedding. I Also like the idea of these personalized candles I saw on Etsy so I might do that as well. I would have done jewelry but I wanted them to get the same things but it makes it a bit difficult since one of my "bridesmaids" is a guy haha. I depending which option I choose I might also include a giftcard to their favourite store. We will see what the budget is like though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics