Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tasha
Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan

Disscion on saying yes or no on being bridesmaid

Tasha, on January 22, 2017 at 22:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
As u probably heard before on my posts the in law don't like me blah blah blah . Well the FH wants his sister to be one of my brides maids but I don't want her to. So last month I asked her to be one and it took her a month to get bk to me saying she would think about. His family like to take forever on thinking shit and me I don't like to wait. I would like a disscion now so I can finish my planning. Our wedding is not till Aug 2018 but I like to be a head of the game. I didn't reply bk to her yet. I feel like saying I changed my mind on her being one but I know the FH woukd flip shit on me . Or feel like saying give u give me and answer I d say a month . I have other girls who want to one of my bridesmaid and the sister in law it screwing everything up for me. Sorry for my cursing. She just ticks me off

11 Comments

Latest activity by Simone, on January 26, 2017 at 22:40
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Lisa on this completely.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Tasha! Smiley heart You could wait to see what she answers or send her a kind reminder to know what her answer is. It could also be an option to include your siblings in your respective wedding party. I think the most important is that you feel well surrounded and comfortable at your wedding. Let us know what you'll choose!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love that idea! I agree with the other brides that your bridesmaids (or bridesmen) should be the ones closest to you that support you. And having even sides are a thing of the past! You definitely don't have to keep it even. (We had 5 bridesmaids and 1 groomsman.)

I think it's nice that you asked your FSIL even though you two might not get along. You and your fiance are becoming a part of each other's families so it's important to try to start off on the best foot possible. (Even if your future in-laws aren't, you'll be the bigger person!) But yeah unfortunately you can't take back wedding party invitations. They can decline but you can't rescind. Hopefully she gets back to you soon! You still have lots of time!

• Tasha
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There will be 4 best friends and moh and bm. I don't have any sisters just the 1 brother
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Didn't you say you have a brother in the wedding party? You could always have him become a "bridesman" and you FH's sister be a "groomswoman", that way sides would still be even (though they really don't have to be), FH would still be including his sister, and you'll have the people you want standing beside you. Just an option

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tasha Smiley heart I understand that you're not in an easy situation, I'm sorry to hear that. A few other brides are having an odd number for their wedding party if you're willing to consider that option, so she could be on the groom's side and still be in your wedding party:

More bridesmaids or groomsmen?

I think the best way would be to talk about it. I think you should feel good and well surrounded by your bridesmaids. Smiley heart How many friends or siblings will you have as part of your bridesmaids? Who's your maid of honour?

• Tasha
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    See she doesn't support us and the FH wants her in. He says to me that he didn't have to ask my brother and I told him u didn't have too. I don't care if he does or does not have my brother as a groomsmen. As for her being a grooms woman I say no to that as with would put us at an od number. There would be a total of 12 party. What Lisa said. ( I think she's the one that said to give her a week and I would understand if she said no as I have others who would like to be one). I'm going to say that to her. Sister in law is such a debbie downer lol. I wish I didn't asked her in the first place. But I'm just trying to make my man happy.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agreed Lindsey! 100%
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I second this completely!
    I don't know how I'd feel about having someone in my wedding party who isn't 100% supportive of me and my FH. But you can't reneg on the invite.

Maybe be like: Hey so and so, I was wondering if I could hear back from you re: being a bridesmaid by the end of the week? I'd really like to move forward with my planning. If you can't I completely understand and actually have a few friends who would.love to be in the bridal party. Let me know! Smiley smile
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Completely agree with Lisa, you can't take it back! You have plenty of time to plan, most people don't even suggest choosing bridesmaids until 11-7 months before your wedding. Also if you really don't want her to be a bridesmaid that much, can't she just be a "groomswoman"?
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Firstly, I always choose people who I know would support me, and are drama free! I would talk to your FH one more time, and tell him you will give your sister in law one more week to decide, and then talk to her about the same thing. Then if she doesn't give you a response then choose someone else. But you really can't renag on your asking her though !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics