Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Did you invite more people than can fit in your venue?

Lynnie, on November 6, 2017 at 13:06

Posted in Plan a wedding 51

In this week's game we're finding out if you are innocent or guilty ! Fess up - are you counting on some declines? Did you invite more people than can fit in your venue? Are you innocent or guilty?? >> Next question: Did you buy uncomfortable shoes? To start from the beginning, click here: Are...

In this week's game we're finding out if you are innocent or guilty !

Fess up - are you counting on some declines? Did you invite more people than can fit in your venue? Are you innocent or guilty??

giphy.gif

giphy.webp

>> Next question: Did you buy uncomfortable shoes?

To start from the beginning, click here: Are you innocent or guilty?

51 Comments

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Innoncent - We're drawing a pretty hard line on who we want at our wedding. The venue could host more people, but we just don't see the point of inviting that many.

• Dani
    Frequent user February 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Innocent, waiting on these rsvps and then adding from there as necessary. I feel horrible about it but there will be two waves on invites for sure

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, but we knew the venue was being conservative and that the amount of people we had would still fit comfortably.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't invite more people than we could fit but there were definitely some people we invited that I hoped would decline.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes we did but only about 15-20%. Usually that's the amount that doesn't come.
  • Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are at full capacity for our venue haha will be full house
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No I have relatives from another province so I won't have as many people on my side so I don't really have to worry about the numbers! On the other hand, my mom is throwing a second reception in Ontario and she might be going over!! 😂
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Innocent. We capped it at the recommended max capacity of the venue (intentionally to keep control over the guest list)

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No... Our wedding will be fully outdoors with no guest limit... Number of tables and chairs we rent will depend on how many guests we have.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't sent out our invites yet, but we are planning on sending more than what we want our final numbers to be. Our venue doesn't really have a max, but we do have a preferred number of guests.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Guilty! Although, only 10 more. Our venue has three rooms, that open into one. We have rented 2 of the rooms, so we could always rent the third if everyone ends up coming!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YUP lol we are about 25 people over capacity right now.

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope! Our venue is a huge ballroom, I don't think I even know eough people to invite to even fill it.

• Shaina
    Frequent user April 2019 Ontario
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No, and I don't think we will, but who knows?

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yep we did! Knowing that there were people unable to make it!
    max: 140 - we invited just over 150 and final # was 113 + photographers & dj
    if we ended up having over 140 guests we would have had to move the party outside into a tent.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope. We are cutting it kinda close though. About 25 people under...
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely not. Our venue could hold up to 60 people and we had 38. After having the wedding though I have no idea how you could fit 60 people in there, we were nicely packed in there with only 41 of us
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Guilty...kind of. We definitely didn't invite more than we could afford, or more than we could fit in our venue... Our venue has two different rooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. The one upstairs holds more guests, which is the room we'll be using...unless enough guests decline and we can move downstairs to the smaller room! We'd rather the downstairs room, but are in love with either one, so we'll be happy either way!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No definitely not! We invited a certain amount of people, and then if people rsvp'd no, then we would extend plus ones to other guests to fill their spots, but I wouldn't want to invite too many people and them not have a place to sit!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics