Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Did he ask your family before he proposed?

Emilie, on January 30, 2017 at 06:25

Posted in Before the wedding 74

Hey future brides and grooms! You're engaged! Who knew about it before hand? Did he ask your family before he proposed? Next question >> What ring did he choose? *** Image: Giphy.com

Hey future brides and grooms!

You're engaged! Who knew about it before hand? Smiley catface

Did he ask your family before he proposed?

Next question >> What ring did he choose?

Image: Giphy.com

74 Comments

• J
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did not. But both sides were happy and his youngest sister told him it was about time when he told her on christmas
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He asked my mother and father. And he took his mother and sister to pick out the ring... I'm pretty sure I was the only one who didn't know. Haha. "About time" was thrown around more than once after we announced it.

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did , he asked all my parents and my best firend ... but the most important to me is he asked my son for his permission to marry his mom !

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did! He even had a snowball fight with my dad before asking. I was present when he asked my mom though
  • Stephanie
    Devoted June 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kinda hard when both of my parents have passed. But he had a very serious talk with my older brother (very protective, dad like brother lol) to let him know he wasn't gonna "flake" like others have in the past, and my brother "approved".
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did! he asked my dad and step-mom first and then my mom and step-dad ! Smiley smile
  • Tina
    Devoted February 2018 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No he didn't but they knew it was going to happen.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    NOPE! It was quite the point of contention with my family, but as a VERY independent person who's made their own decisions for SOME TIME now, it was very important to me that he not ask for "permission" or their "blessing"
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did not ask my family before he proposed. I have no contact with my father and if I did, he would have asked him in this case. His mother knew about it before anyone else did.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics