Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenn
Frequent user September 2018 Ontario

Did anyone invite guests to just the reception?

Jenn, on March 14, 2018 at 11:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
I work in a spa with 30 women. My wedding is a hot topic for discussion and we are a pretty close group. I can’t afford to invite them all to the wedding, but I’ve heard of people being invited to the reception after dinner to celebrate. Anyone done this? How do you word it nicely? Do you give them a formal invitation or just verbal?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Alix, on March 16, 2018 at 14:43
  • Alix
    Beginner September 2018 New Brunswick
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a pretty large group of people that we wanted to invite, but could have everyone come for dinner. We sent out save the dates/invites to everyone who is invited to dinner and made a Facebook group for friends who are invited to come later for the reception. I just put in the description of the Facebook event that he we are having a dinner earlier in the evening but wanted to make sure we could have as many of our pals there as possible. Seems to be working out so far!e
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its done to this day where one card is only for the wedding and a seperate card for the after party.
  • Tina
    Newbie July 2019 British Columbia
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking of doing something like this for my soccer team - because there's no way I can afford an extra 15 people for dinner, but I want them to come party with me afterwards!

A girl on my team that is getting married this year is planning to do that as well. I think if you just explain it to them they will understand. And I don't think you need to send a formal invite.

Personally I would tell them to come enjoy drinks and dancing, but not to worry about bringing a gift?

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When we’ve been invited to the ceremony and dance just not the supper we’ve still been given an invitation. J think some couples have them made along with their wedding invites that include the supper and have two separate invites to give out.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have people that we are only inviting to the reception and I have been to weddings that I was only invited to the reception as well. I am still glad to be invited and go anyway. Recently when a friend from work invited everyone to her reception, she sent out an email to everyone she wanted to include. This way everyone saw it!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve heard of it but personally I’m not a fan. I suggest doing apps or dessert instead of a dinner so you can invite more people to the whole thing.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a friend who invited a few friends to the reception only and just said something like "hey guys! as you know our wedding is (gave date) and we would love it if you could join us for the reception." I think you are ok with a verbal invitation.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've of people doing this and just explaining to them that you want them there but can't afford to have them there for dinner. I would just do a verbal invitation.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics