Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allison
Master October 2019 Ontario

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes!

Allison, on September 19, 2018 at 09:47

Posted in Plan a wedding 36

Way before I was engaged, I would go on Pinterest and look at different wedding colour palettes/themes (who else was guilty of this? ). There are so many to choose from that when I did get engaged, I decided to narrow it down. I knew teal HAD to be in the palette I chose and there was a tie...

Way before I was engaged, I would go on Pinterest and look at different wedding colour palettes/themes (who else was guilty of this? Smiley winking ). There are so many to choose from that when I did get engaged, I decided to narrow it down. I knew teal HAD to be in the palette I chose and there was a tie between coral and teal (beach/summer theme) and teal and purple (peacock theme). When we picked our date for October 19, 2019 I felt the teal and purple would fit the time of year better and I could decorate with peacock feathers!

What are your colours/themes? Are you completely lost on finding a colour scheme? Has your colour/theme vision changed since you've started planning? Have you had a colour scheme since you were younger and still going strong with it?

Attached are some of my inspiration pics for the coral and teal theme, and my theme (peacock)

Coral and Teal palettecfb_35789.jpg

Peacock (teal and purple palette) -The theme I (eventually) chose

cfb_29711.jpg

cfb_35437.jpg

cfb_30191.jpg

cfb_29713.jpg

cfb_25495.jpg

cfb_24059.jpg

cfb_24057.jpg

cfb_24047.jpg

36 Comments

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wedding month twin and colour twin (sort of lol)!! I'm not sure how I'm doing the wedding party yet, but will definitely report back!

My original plan was to let them alternate (2 bridesmaids in teal, 2 in purple) and the 2 groomsmen in teal, bestwoman in purple (she'll be wearing a suit) with a light grey suit. However, I want my FH in a different colour suit, either navy with light grey to match the groomsmen and bestwoman or dark grey but unsure of colour he should be in (leaning towards purple). I also want everyone to look somewhat coordinated so the bridesmaids and MOH might be in one colour and the groomsmen and bestwoman in the other.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 1

My fiancée is the pinterest organizer! She has a wedding section with a sub-board for practically everything. She picked a bunch of palettes and we went through together and decided on the ruby/sapphire combo. It's just too illustrious for us to pass up!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided on our favourite colours for our colour scheme - Teal and Plum. Seeing as how I wasn't willing to budge on my colour and neither was my FH (we are both pretty stubborn), we decided to try and add in a third colour to avoid the peacock look so as of right now we have Orange as our third colour as it really makes it more Autumn-y. I still think we may throw in some red as well but we will have to wait and see. One thing is for sure and that is that the bridesmaid dresses will be plum and the groomsmen well wear teal.

Colour SchemeDetails: Colour Palettes and Themes! 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics