Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allison
Master October 2019 Ontario

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes!

Allison, on September 19, 2018 at 09:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 36

Way before I was engaged, I would go on Pinterest and look at different wedding colour palettes/themes (who else was guilty of this? Smiley winking ). There are so many to choose from that when I did get engaged, I decided to narrow it down. I knew teal HAD to be in the palette I chose and there was a tie between coral and teal (beach/summer theme) and teal and purple (peacock theme). When we picked our date for October 19, 2019 I felt the teal and purple would fit the time of year better and I could decorate with peacock feathers!

What are your colours/themes? Are you completely lost on finding a colour scheme? Has your colour/theme vision changed since you've started planning? Have you had a colour scheme since you were younger and still going strong with it?

Attached are some of my inspiration pics for the coral and teal theme, and my theme (peacock)

Coral and Teal paletteDetails: Colour Palettes and Themes! 1

Peacock (teal and purple palette) -The theme I (eventually) chose

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 2

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 3

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 4

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 5

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 6

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 7

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 8

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 9

36 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on October 1, 2018 at 11:19
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Rose gold/blush is big for fall now too I find, but still timeless/elegant/classic like you said.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol I would Loooooovve the job of creating palettes from photos!!!

Pinterest is nuts, easy to flip-flop on colours too Smiley tongue

• A
    Beginner October 2018 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I knew I wanted black and white to be the basis - I wanted something really classic and "crisp" - I then chose blush pink to accent the black and white and add just pops of colour. It started as blush pink and then slowly, more sparkly rose gold crept in so now I would say it's mainly black, white and rose gold hahaha.

Like others, I am really digging the burgundy and burnt orange for fall but I wanted my colors to be timeless and classic regardless of the season.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The Pinterest rabbit hole is intense!
    Sometimes I find myself shifting through pallettes at the end of the day just to soothe my wedding planning nerves 🤣.

And although we know what we’re going to, the palette world is soooooo beautiful. Is there a job where you just create palettes based on inspirational photos? Can I have that job?

We’re not having a wedding party so our palette navigation isn’t as complicated.

A final decision hasn’t been made as yet but this is my current favourite pinned palette for our morning ceremony and reception, nectarines April.

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 10
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I's colour scheme is white with gold accents. Floral-wise, we're going to have white florals with a lot of greenery.

Since deciding, I've also fallen for more autumn-like colours such as burned orange and burgundy, but I think the colour scheme that we picked will work best with the colours of our venue.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah yes! I remember your batman garter lol. Your invitations are really cool, including the succulent accent!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are nice! Have fun working with these colours now!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is purple and grey, as I'm sure you've figured out by now hahah! They've always been my favourite colours/combination anyway so I didn't feelbadly picking them for my june wedding. Our accent will all be succulents, so we usually say our accent colour is "succulent green"

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 11

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 12

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 13

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 14

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 15

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 16
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is!
    After him and I talked to my bestie and her boyfriend last night he actually did decide to go with different colours! Now I have to figure out how to work with this. 😂

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 17
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awww! It's nice that he's really into it! Smiley laugh

• Shla
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is! I always swore I would never do it again but here I am. 😂 He is a romantic with a huge love of weddings and things. It's kinda sweet. He's a little groomzilla but it's adorable.
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah, is it his first wedding?

• Shla
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm trying to get him to change his mind but he is set. So it'll probably stay the same. I just twitch thinking about it lol. Ahh well. This is his turn. I'm just showing up. 😂
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah I see. You have around a year or so to figure it out though! Lots of options too Smiley laugh

• Shla
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was Halloween, so it had all of them lol. My fiance picked these colours but I don't know.
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Was your first wedding with similar colours? You could always go with one of these colours and build a new palette around that Smiley smile

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice! Sounds like a lot of jewel tones which work really well together!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel ya! I had a dress sub-board with lots of wedding dresses saved. I deleted it once I bought my dress so I wouldn't be tempted to look and second-guess my decisions.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There's so much you can do with teal! Ours is on the lighter side but this is a lovely palette as well!

• Shla
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Settling on colours is hard for me as this is my second wedding and I pretty much did my ideal the first time around. This is what we are working with right now but I am really unsure. My fiance loves it but to me it gives me twinges of resentment because of the first time around.

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 18
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always knew I wanted Emerald as my wedding colour, and since getting engaged we have decided that our colours will be Emerald and Eggplant with gold accents for our June 2020 wedding!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I’ve had my wedding Pinterest board since I started on Pinterest. After getting engaged I had to take the time and delete pins that I knew I didn’t want, or couldn’t see fitting into our date and theme.
    Blue and purple were an option. Then pink. Then teal.
    After booking a date and actually thinking about what I want we are doing navy burgundy and gold.
    It was so difficult to delete half my wedding inspiration on Pinterest but for the better! I have now organized all my pins into categories to make my planning easier
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely guilty of pinning before i was engaged! I knew i wanted teal as well since we are getting married in September (9 more days!!) i decided to go with a darker teal and rose gold/blush to balance it out. This picture is where i got my inspiration.

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 19

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right?! I ended up going with the peacock theme. If I had a summer beach/destination wedding, I would've learned more towards the coral and teal.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very pretty colours!! Smiley heart

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We wanted to do a destination too, but timing and people wouldn't be able to attend that we want to. Our ceremony venue/majority of photos are in an atrium with live tropical plants!

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 20

• Andrea
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm having blush and aqua or mint for my colours!

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 21
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Given the time of year, I think the peacock theme is beautiful!

Our inspiration came from the fact that we originally wanted a destination wedding, but most people in our lives couldn't afford to join us so...we brought the tropical/beachy theme to them in May!

Our colour scheme: Carribean blue, sandy tan, white and pops of silver.

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 22

This was the centerpiece inspiration I fell in love with, followed by the one I've made instead, where the cardboard will be a mirror.

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 23

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 24

• Shawna
    Newbie October 2020 British Columbia
    Shawna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love both colours! I see why your having troubles picking!! I think the coral might go with your season better since the leaves are changing but I LOVE the peacock theme the purple and teal look lovely!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm definitely having these orchids in my flowers too! There's a lot you can do with teal/purple to make unique themes.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Purple and blues for me too!!! Since I was young my favourite flower ever was the Blue/Purple orchid and I knew that would NEED to be in my wedding!! Going with a Galaxy theme to tie in the colours!

Details: Colour Palettes and Themes! 25
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Looks very elegant, I love it!

I have a million sub boards too and colours is one of them Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups