Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Decorating

Holly, on May 7, 2018 at 23:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
I'm on the fence on hiring a decorator or not.
Our venue offers basic decor:

Chair covers (white), Table linens (white), Burlap Runners/squares, Mason Jars (centre pieces), Drink containers, Large galvanized stock tanks, Wooden door for seating arrangement, Wood centre slabs (centre pieces), Large vases, Chalk Board frames, Wooden back drop, Wooden Cake slab, Table number plaques, String lights on reception side, Hanging balls on reception side.

The only thing out of that list that I don't want is the linens, I don't want plain white. And the centre piece things they offer we can add to them with flowers, ribbons etc.. So I'm thinking that maybe we shouldn't hire a decorator, just a florist for basic flower arrangements etc.. but I also won't be able to do much DIY because I won't be in the province till the Tuesday before the wedding so I won't be able to get any DIY from home to there.
Where would you suggest I can get linens?(table, chair covers, napkins etc)

Are their other decor related things that are not on the list that I should consider?

What are you opinions? Hire a decorator? Don't hire, just get florist and any DIY possible along with venue decor? Anything else?

Thank you so much! I'm just so nervous our wedding is going to be ugly or boring if I do most of it alone and at such a distance...I don't want my wedding being plain and ugly..

6 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on May 10, 2018 at 01:10
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome! I hope it works out for you Smiley smile

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ouuu I love that idea!!! I'm definitely going to look into that instead! Probably so much cheaper too, thanks!!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't recommend a place for linens, but wherever you do end up getting yours from, maybe just rent overlays? This way you can still use the white table cloths, just dress them up.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check online for cheap linens or table runners. I've seen a few different sites.

and if you are going with a florist. see if they have some linens or runners that you can rent.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's what I'm starting to think, just hiring a florist, which I'll be doing for our bouquets anyway. If I can't find any decent prices linen rentals then I'll just go with the venue ones, it's not a huge deal I'm sure I can add some sort of burlap ribbon to the chair covers... And yes my venue is naturally beautiful but for some reason I have that worry in the back of my head, I know it sounds stupid but typical bride always questioning things lol Thanks!!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sounds like a florist is more what you are looking for. I'm just using the linens from my venue, so don't have a place to recommend there.

I don't think you have to worry about your wedding being plain and ugly--I remember seeing photos of your venue and it is gorgeous!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics