Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Decision fatigue!!

Joey, on November 30, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Decision fatigue - it's real, it's serious, and it affects us all at some point in the planning process! It's that situation where you've been asked to choose too many things in a small stretch of time, and you get totally overwhelmed and unable to make any more choices. It all just blends together and you want to run away!

But don't panic!

Want to vent? Do it here!

Want us to help you sort through the choices? We can advise you!

Have great de-stressing tips? We need to know them!

giphy.gif

8 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on January 23, 2018 at 11:41
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I have reached my decision maximum!

My friend recently got engaged, and is getting married two weeks after me. We are in each other's weddings. She is now looking at bridesmaid dresses for her crew and asked us all what we thought. I said I was good with anything! I didn't want to choose--I wanted someone else to choose for me. At first I had said I would host her shower, but her MOH, who lives in another province, will be coming here for that so she has taken the reigns on the shower! So glad for that because now I don't feel like I could make any more decisions!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally experienced this! I think I sometimes still have this problem since I made so many decisions in such a short time.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are 6 months out and still don't have bridesmaid dresses ordered. It's getting under my skin and I'm tired of constantly nagging the girls. I told my fiance that if they can't decide on a date to order (they all have to be ordered within 24 hours of each other to ensure they get the same dye lot) by mid December that I give up on having a wedding party all together. The only stress we have had is from them!!!!!

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yep it hit me when i realized i had to order so many little things (flowers,guest book, money box, favours ect.), i was running around like a chicken with its head cut off, my FH is there to calm me thank gawd, cuz with my Type A personality Smiley winking

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't gotten there yet (pretty sure fiance has though!). Most of the stuff is done for the moment. Our centrepieces we will make in the spring (it involves spray painting, which cannot be done in negative temperatures!).

But, I still don't want to make decisions that I don't have to. Such as, for showers. I had a friend who wanted to throw one, but wanted to know if I wanted it for couples or just for ladies and she kept asking me until I decided; I just wanted her to decide since she was throwing the shower. Thankfully, my maid of honour has completely taken on the Bachelorette and she is just going to tell me when it is!

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely was going through that and my fiancé told me to take a break for a week. Haha that's stressed me out more I think! But since I've booked most things now and gotten most of my decor (we have seven and a half months until our wedding) and I'm kind of having a relaxation period. Not sure if this is normal but it's happened lol
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same thing here. I just stop planning and drink a bottle of wine instead!
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I step away from the planning process if I feel overwhelmed and I lean on my FH! Then I do a face mask pour a glass of wine and talk about the things we are excited about for the wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics