Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jade
Newbie September 2018 Ontario

Day of coordinator?

Jade, on May 8, 2018 at 23:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
Hi there just curious... on day of coordinators... not to sure if i need one because i have the venue setting up the table and chairs and little decor i have... the florist wants to set up all her flowers ... and then there is people setting up chairs for the ceremony and the seat covers for the venue... DJ includes being and MC.... so do i really need a day or coordinator?...

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jade, on May 18, 2018 at 23:03
  • Jade
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Jade ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you soo much everyone for your helpful information I really appreciate it all ❤️❤️
  • Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting someone to help with the day-of, mostly because we are having a surprise wedding, and I'll be wrangling my children and trying to get ready, and get pictures done BEFORE the ceremony and reception... So in the interest of me not losing my damn mind, we are "splurging" on a day-of coordinator/decorator. Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not necessary if you have everything under control and doesn't take long to do. Plus an unneeded cost on top on the day.

Personally i did minimal and family helped with beads before reception started.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went with one so that she can deal with any of the behind the scenes stuff that will likely go on. I get stressed out easily and she is there to make sure everything runs smoothly so that I'm able to enjoy the day and not have to deal with all of the little stressors.

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although we had tons of help from family/friends, i wish we'd had a day of coordinator.

I felt like my brain was all over the place and it would have been nice to have someone just handle it all. lol

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the others so far - small wedding or reasonable size (10-175) = have family and friends help out (as long as you are organized) and big wedding (175+) = DOC highly recommended.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say depends on the amount of guests. From my experience, I planned our engagement party on my own for 90 people and was running around all over the place! After that event my fiance realised that I wouldn't enjoy our wedding of 170 if I was doing all the work. My fiance agreed at that point, that getting a DOC was worth it!
    All the vendors know what their roles are however are missing the element of working together.
    Ive loved working with my coordinator so far. She's amazing and helping out alot in these last 10 days!!!
    Hope this helps!
    Lisa
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly I probably wouldn’t have because my mum is on top of everything (She’s a pain in the ass sometimes but I love that woman so much), but one comes with my venue which is a nice extra.
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have a lot of family and friends that are helping out, I don't think its necessary to have a Day-Of-Coordinator. I'm not sure if I will be hiring a Day-Of-Coordinator, but I have been looking around and the prices for what I need are a little to high.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They're not always necessary if you have a lot of family and friends who can help out. I'm considering one just to have that peace of mind. I'd normally delegate tasks to my Man of Honour or my mother, but I want both of them to be enjoying themselves and taking their time getting ready, not running around doing things.
    I'm also quite lucky that 1. I'm having my reception at my uncle's golf course so he'll be fully in charge there, and 2. A few of my college friends are event planners (I am as well), so I can trust them if I need to fall back on them.
    I just haven't decided yet! Depends on the cost, for me.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re skipping this. I have a big list of things that someone (who is not me) has to take care of on the day of the wedding, and I’m assigning jobs to wedding party members and family members.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We skipped this as well. We had lots of people offer to help so we are going to use them. Plus, there’s not a lot that needs to get done. I think they’re a great idea for large weddings, weddings with lots of decor and moving of things, and little time before to decorate. But, none of these apply to us.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on what your needs are for the day of and how many guests you'll be having. If you think you have the support system to handle it without a DOC, go for it. This is something I'm still not sure about either tbh!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics