Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Curious to know what you consider your "budget" includes

Jillian, on February 19, 2020 at 09:38 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17

Talking with my fiance, we are indifferent on what we consider our budget includes. So just curious to know what others consider.

I consider our budget to include everything from venue, food, drinks, invites, officiant, photography, night of accommodations, rehearsal dinner, farewell brunch, wine tour for our bridal party, hair and makeup, shuttles, literally everything far and in between that we have been paying for and/or will be spending money on for our wedding.

My fiance considers our wedding budget to just include the main vendors, venue, photography, food, no extra events, no minor expenses etc.

17 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on March 15, 2020 at 15:41
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like a couple previous posters and yourself, I consider anything related to the wedding in the wedding budget. If for some reason it is not accounted for there, we have it accounted for out of our monthly budget. Keeping track of everything means you are less likely to go over budget.

Maybe ask your FH if he doesn't want to include extra events, minor things, etc, where you both would include it or if you could start a separate budget for those.

• Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is everything big related to the wedding. Venue, ceremony, florals, attire, favors, photography and video, hair and makeup, honeymoon. Decor items and gifts for bridal party were extras we used our regular everyday money for that. But whatever we saved for wedding funds, went towards big things.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours was everything. We also included our honeymoon. If it was wedding related, it was in our budget. Even down to the pen we would use to sign the marriage registry. Except for t he shower and bachelor/bachelorette parties, which our wedding party took care of
  • Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our budget includes most things related to the wedding but hair, makeup, and any accessories above the allotted amount we set for each of our attires isn’t included because that’s coming from our personal accounts. We also didn’t include our honeymoon or rings
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Anything to do with the wedding is considered part of the budget. The only things we didnt include in our budget/spreadsheet were the honeymoon (which is just coming out of our vacation account) & our wedding bands which we just paid cash for.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our budget is inclusive of ALL things wedding related, decor, flower, limo, gifts for wedding party, outfits and all the things you said. all those things are wedding related and should be marked accordingly

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Why wouldn't someone include the minor expenses? If they're for the wedding, it's a wedding expense. If it's a separate event, like a bachelor party, if it would not have happened without the wedding then it should be part of your wedding budget.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is absolutely everything. Like Taylor said if its an expense you wouldn't have paid without the wedding, consider it an wedding expense. The only difference with our budget is that our bachelor/bachelorette parties and bridal shower will partially be included in our budget. The only reason is because our son is my FH's best man and my MOH is our daughter; and I was not going to have the others solely responsible for the parties.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our budget was for everything under the sun related to the wedding! Only things we didn't include in the budget was the bachelor/bachelorette party since the wedding party pays for that, the wedding dress and veil - just because my parents paid for that, and then the food for the rehearsal dinner and the food for the lunch day-of because his family and mine supplied that.

• T
    Curious September 2020 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are including everything in our budget. If the money wouldn't otherwise be spent without the wedding, it is included.

• Emily
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We included everything in our budget but we wrote it all out in different tabs in a spreadsheet based on expense category (one tab for ceremony, one for reception, one for decor, one for food and alcohol, etc.) and then added a column where we included (for each expense/item) where the money would be coming from (ex: cash, line of credit, gifts, parents, credit card,) and had that helped us better understand the breakdown of expenses

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Anything and everything that has to do with the wedding should technically be in the “budget” if you want a clear idea of how much you’re spending. I’d it doesn’t matter, then just add the vendors or whoever you have any money owing to.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our budget included with no tips given to the vendors

Venue - food/open bar/hor d'ouvres/late night buffet/campfire

Photography

Videography

DJ

Baker - cake & assorted pastries

Officiant

Rentals - backdrop/centerpieces/aritficial floral balls/money box

Welcome Dinner hosted by my parents AKA Rehearsal dinner type no speeches

Purchases - Head table decor and champagne flutes

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I included everything in my budget - but we didn't have a set number really. Our final numbers are looking to be around what we ballparked we would spend, including gifts for parents, bridal party etc.

We tried to pay cash when we could to avoid paying taxes. It never hurts to ask a vendor if they'll take cash.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I include everything that will be used in relation to the wedding, doesn't matter how much or how small the thing is. There are a few things, like small decor that we'll be able to use in our home after the wedding so I don't feel so bad about those things, but I still include them anyway since we they were specifically bought for the wedding.

• Jillian
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my gosh do they ever!! and not to mention the taxes and gratuities! I also include those too

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like you, considered our budget to include every cost that we would have regardless of size. Those multiple small expenses and purchases do add up

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics