Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shanelle
Newbie January 2019 Ontario

Curious about choosing bouquets....

Shanelle, on August 20, 2018 at 14:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

I hate the idea of cutting fresh flowers. When searching for bouquets, I have looked for every alternative to having actual fresh flowers. I'm wondering what your thoughts are on alternatives to fresh flowers especially for a Gatsby themed (Gold, black and white) wedding. Any thoughts on what you would do or suggest that wouldn't break the bank would be appreciated.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on August 23, 2018 at 19:52
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh a Gatsby theme I would 100% look into doing a broach bouquet!!! You could play off the old time jewellery and styles with different broaches! It could look wonderful!!
    If you wanted flowers I recommend checking out DressMyWedding on Etsy! I bought all of my bouquets from her (fake flowers) and they are GORGEOUS!!!! I'm so happy with them I HIGHLY recommend her or checking out etsy overall!!
  • Jamie
    Newbie September 2018 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have bought my bridesmaids faux bouquets at Michael's. They are plane white roses with succulent accents $40 Each. But of course, I used a coupon and got them each 50% off, so $20. I am not sure what to do about mine. Will probably just buy another one of the same and dress it up to be a little more BRIDE. I think for a Gatsby theme, the broach bouquet would be perfect! They have some available on Amazon Prime.

• Holly
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My flowers are made from balsam wood. I got them from a company called craftflower.co

You can work with a designer to customize your own bouquet and they were far more reasonably priced than a traditional bouquet. PLUS, you get to keep it forever Smiley smile

My bouquetCurious about choosing bouquets.... 1

• Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bff felt the same about flowers and didn't want fake ones either (she found good silk fakes were a little pricey) so she did a beach themed wedding and carried something like this pic of a shell bouquet she got off etsy. The cool thing about it is she was able to take it apart after and turn some of the best pieces into a hair clip and other jewelry as a keepsake she'll actually use again.

Think outside the box, maybe feathers, ribbon and pearls and other Gatsby era items like rhinestone fake flowers, be creative and see what's out there. I found these pics from her board when she was looking for ideas.

Curious about choosing bouquets.... 2

Curious about choosing bouquets.... 3

Curious about choosing bouquets.... 4
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Spray paint fake flowers to fit your colour scheme adding touch of pearls or glitter where needed. It can work and not break the bank.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend had her bridesmaids all carry one large flower (I forget what kind it was...) but it had a long stem and they kind of carried it cradled in their arm. It looked good in the pictures. I also think you could do feather bouquets for a Gatsby theme.

• Holly
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've also seen clay flowers on etsy that looked like real flowers. Brooch bouquets are pretty awesome and I've also seen a gatsby theme that was brooches, feathers and fake flowers. Check pinterest they have the best ideas!

• Shanelle
    Newbie January 2019 Ontario
    Shanelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The gold clutches would be alright too, I like that.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Silk flowers have been thrown around here on Wedding Wire as well, that and just fabric flowers in general. I'm not sure what I will be using but I too will not be wanting real flowers as it's so much money for something that ends up in the garbage.

• Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine are fake flowers. Every person I’ve showed couldn’t tell, and I’m using them as part of my gift to my bridal party. Since you can keep them forever, I felt like it was worth the price point. I got the idea from my best friend, who had brooch bouquets for her wedding.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sure on flower alternatives. but if you are ok with no flowers. my cousin had her bridesmaids carry gold clutches. looked so nice with her décor and their dresses.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics