Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Devoted August 2018 Ontario

Cupcakes For Wedding Cake

Megis, on May 14, 2018 at 15:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17
After many cake debates me and my fiancee are going to get wedding cupcakes. It will still be on a tier-like structure. Fits our budget, we want something yummy and there will be variety. Less waste left over and guests can take home if they want.

Had anyone had this or decided on it?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Evelyn, on August 17, 2020 at 04:54
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good idea! We decided to skip the cake! We'll be having a dessert buffet so we figured that would be enough sweets for everyone!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing mini cupcakes!! We are getting 3 different flavours, and it saves on cake cutting, and super sweet fondant wedding cake...

We are ordering a small, 2 tier cake. Top tier for saving, bottom for cake cutting ceremony.... but the dessert served will be cupcakes.

I think it's easier on guests, and it's small, so if they wanted a different flavour they could have a second... or third... haha.

• Hollie
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Hollie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided on Cupcakes as well, but our very top tier will be a small cake so we can still do the traditional cake cutting. I feel like it is a lot easier, and like you said less waste, and people can take home.

Something similar to the picture below is what we are doing.

eb8a318626896ba27c73ee8a917d7ba2--unique

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Such and cute (and yummy-looking) display!!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did a hybrid of both cake and cupcakes for my shower and engagement party. Was great. Easier to grab and eat too!!!! For our wedding we are going with a 4 tier cake as it goes better with our theme/decor. I'm sure your cupcakes will be great!

Cupcakes For Wedding Cake 1

Cupcakes For Wedding Cake 2
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing the exact same thing. This way, we can still do the cake cutting and don't have to have a big, expensive cake. I don't like fondant, anyway!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a small 2 tier cutting cake, and cupcakes for everyone to eat.

My sister is doing all the baking for us - she's amazing, and her cakes are SO good. We're having 3 flavours of cupcakes (Spice cake, chocolate and one other we haven't picked yet). This way people can have what they like!

My sister is insisting on two tiers for our cake (We only really wanted one layer for cutting) - she says we have to have a layer to save for our first anniversary. It isn't that important to my fiancé or I, so we're just going with it.

• Michelle
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where did you get that tiered stand? That is exactly what I am looking for

• Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At my first wedding, we got cupcakes that were decorated just like our wedding cake, and had them in individual cupcake containers with a sticker on top with our names and the date. Then we just had a small 6" cake for us to cut. Smiley smile We had a brunch wedding so there really wasn't any need for a dessert, so we thought this was something nice they could take home and enjoy later on!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know I love it! it almost looks too good to eat, almost lol

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have never seen a cake flow into cupcakes like this before! I love it!!! It's so beautiful I wouldn't want to ruin the tail ahaha!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a hybrid: a smaller cake (probably not 3 tier like this photo) and cupcakes as a peacock tail!

Cupcakes For Wedding Cake 3

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had one, my MIL makes cakes and cupcakes professionally and this is what she made for us. We wanted it to be as easy for her as possible since she insisted on making the cake, otherwise she had full creative control!

Cupcakes For Wedding Cake 4

Your point about having less left over is a good one, we were able to send some of our guests home with cupcakes!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did cupcakes for our guests and a very small cake for us to cut. We put it on our candy table. We did it tiered. This was a very basic tower, but there are certainly more 'ornate' ones if you want to choose something fancier. We didn't really care what the stand looked like.

Cupcake TowerCupcakes For Wedding Cake 5

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing this too. We’re getting a small one tier cake to cut and then cupcakes for the guests. One of our flavours will be Gibson’s whiskey haha
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're considering doing cupcakes as our wedding favours in lieu of a cake! Wedding cakes aren't my cup of tea tbh.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a cupcake tier too - with a small cake on top to cut for photos. Any left overs can go home with my mom who will be entertaining out of town family members that week

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics