Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Cringey cutesy signs

Kelly, on October 24, 2018 at 16:34 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 31

Is anybody else completely over all those cutesy signs? I find myself rolling my eyes at them when I'm looking though inspo photos lol. I also think they're completely unnecessary. Its a dessert table. People know what to do, trust me.

Anybody else?

Not hating on the people who love these. They're just not me Smiley tongue

Cringey cutesy signs 1

Cringey cutesy signs 2

Cringey cutesy signs 3

31 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 16, 2018 at 22:01
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only sign we will have is the unplugged ceremony, I don't want our pictures to be ruined by cell phones.

• L
    Curious October 2020 Nova Scotia
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL I have that same sign sitting on my end table Erin. I couldn't pass by it either.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree, but I feel as though I am guilty with my guest book! We tried to go for informational lol

Cringey cutesy signs 4

Cringey cutesy signs 5

Cringey cutesy signs 6

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah, way too country-cute for me too.

• Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not my style either but obviously rustic is in, because that's all I can find on pinterest so I have to search "luxury" everything to avoid it.

• Jenn
    Frequent user March 2019 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hate the whole rustic thing....mirror signs are cute for the bar, card table, and welcome sign. I just think the cutesy phrases are overdone.

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We won't be putting up any sign. The only thing I will display is the guests sitting chart.

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

ALL signs are cute Smiley heart

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't use them at my own wedding, but my husband and I are both fans of being incredibly cheesy! So, they would've fit right in for us.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I HATE the last chance to run or those. not cool! and yah. those cake toppers. awful.

we are thinking for our nephew (he will have just turned 4) to do one for the reception entrance that says "I'm here for the cake" hahahha

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gross. That's up there with the cake toppers of the bride dragging the groom down the aisle.

• Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t mind some signs. I’m probably going to have one about sitting anywhere because our sides are quite uneven.

The ones I really don’t like are the ones that the flower girl or page boy carries that say “last chance to run” and stuff like that.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a cute idea! I was actually thinking of getting people to sign blank cue cards or something, then scanning them & making some sort of collage creation artwork we can hang up... We haven't moved into a house yet, so I'm totally okay with collecting a piece of art that we can hang up.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hate the whole rhyming factor. get your point across in other ways. I do like the pick a seat sign. just because I think it helps people feel more comfortable. and if you have more family than your FH or vice versa...it just evenly fills out the space. and with our space its an odd shaped room. so pick a chair! haha

we are doing a few signs. but more information ones. and my friend that is graphic designing our invites I will have her make signs that are similar look so its all matchy. and will only cost us the printing and a dollar store frame. hahha

we will have the find a seat, a sign in the bathrooms/bar with taxi numbers. an in memory sign with photos. and I love the "we have an open bar. and will be heavily photographed. blah blah sign" this one is solely because it is so appropriate for our group of friends and my family. they will laugh.

I really don't think you need sign a guestbook/leave your card/gifts. the majority of people are fairly quick to figure that out. hahahhha

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lol this is literally me. I told my Fiance and MOH i do not want ANY signage that rhymes.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I find they are getting over done, and I'm a sucker for a good (or bad) puns lol. I love puns but I'm not so into rhymes.

We'll have some DIY signs for guestbook/cards, another with our hashtag, and a welcome sign at both ceremony and reception spots (we only need the one). I'm also going to make a Thank You sign for photos/thank you cards. Most of our signs will be to the point, without all the poems and rhyming.

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do it! That one isn't cringey.

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We opted for no guestbook. Is that weird? I'm going to make a cute scrapbook from the cards we get instead. My fiance and I didn't really want a book of peoples signatures, and we're not into the alternative guestbooks that you can display after.

Our card box is a vintage mailbox. once there's one or two cards in there, people will know what to do lol.

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're doing a welcome sign.

I was thinking we probably need a sign with the local taxi service info in case people need a ride. Our venue is 40 minutes from the city, so we anticipate some people will stay in the town close by.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I absolutely wanted all of these kinds of signs - but the more and more I see them, the more and more I don't want them because they are soooooo over-done! Tragic really Smiley tongue I mean, I will most likely still do some but they are going to have to look funny and funky instead of elegant as to be different then the rest of the weddings that have them :/

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I find them totally cringeworthy too...BUT... I was strolling through Michael's the other day and saw a little easel sign that said "fall in love" with leaves all over it and, well, I can't stop thinking about it! It's cute, it's a BIT punny, and there's an Earth Wind & Fire song called "Fall in Love With Me" which I love, so... I think I'm gonna get it...
  • Cheryl
    Newbie October 2023 Ontario
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bahaha, I'm the one who loves these signs! I could see why people are low key hating them, it I love them...my bother owns a vinyl printing shop so I'm making my own frames and hes supplying the pictures, I would never pay for these but I'm only doing ones I can reuse as artwork in my house after the wedding
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The signs are nice to see. They weren't for us for our day as i had the day events and times on paper given out with the welcome bag.
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the signs. It's not that people think their guests won't know what to do, I just think it's another personal detail some can add to their day. Are they necessary? No of course not. I think some are creative and witty and with the designs of some of them they add a little decor to the tables. Unfortunately the signs can be costly. So a few is probably best.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes they are cute. I feel like they are so over done. And everyone uses the same ones.
    Im a big fan of trying to be different and not do the same thing everyone does or Pinterest says.
    No cute signs at our wedding.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Useful for some but not for us. We’ll likely have a welcome sign, and one or two about the details of the day (timeline, guestbook etc)

Although I’ve always wanted to have a directional sign post that point to the lake where people can go jump into if they come at us with any bs on our wedding day! 🤣🤣🤣

I had to promise my FH I wouldn’t do it. #scoutshonour 🖖🏾

Cringey cutesy signs 7
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    GOOD ITS NOT JUST ME! I dunno what it is about sayings and stuff like that but I’m not a fan they make me kinda cringe. I’m hoping to avoid things like that as much as possible!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree I'm over them... you dont need a fancy poem to share what your hashtag is hahah!! But that's just me! I will have 2 signs only, one for the memorial of our close loved ones who are no longer with us, and one on our favour table which is homemade wine! Our venue says we can give it out but it cant be opened in the venue... just need to make sure people know that! So both very useful to me! But again... no rhyme or jingle thanks hahah!
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think some are useful. For example the pick a seat not a side. We are having one like that but it’s because we are t having ushers seat people and because we want people to mix things up. We don’t want his family on one side and mine on the other.

We are making our own signs. I agree it’s silly to pay a lot of money for them. But I’m not totally against a sign or two. Some people can go way overboard though.
  • Dana
    Beginner February 2020 British Columbia
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they're cute but unnecessary. I hope my family and friends are intelligent enough to not need hand-holdy signs. For me, it just seems like something to waste money on. I'd rather that go to food or to pay for a better package from the photographer.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm a sap when it comes to this stuff... Plus I have a vinyl cutter, so I love making signs/frames. I think paying a lot for them is ridiculous... but I also think some of them are necessary.

Dessert table = not necessary.... "Pick A Seat" sign = depending on how traditional your families are, could be necessary for older guests.

Ours will mostly be "Welcome to the Wedding"... "Guestbook"... and "Cards & Gifts".... no rhyming. Just a little extra decor/guidance.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics