Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Frequent user May 2017 Ontario

Couple of invitation questions ???

Stephanie, on February 13, 2017 at 20:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 51
Hey lovely Brides! We're just getting ready to get our invites sent out. Just ironing out the last bit of wording. Did anyone write what type of bar they're having on their invites? Weather open/cash/twoonie whichever. If so how did you word it? Or do guests just expect open?
Also for Brides having a multiple entrée sit down dinner or a buffet for that matter. How did you list allergies or restrictions on your rsvp card? I currently have boxes for chicken, beef, fish and allergies. Should I be writing just allergies or should I be writing allergies/restrictions?? Thanks for everyone's help! 3 months to go!😍

51 Comments

Latest activity by Kaytee, on February 15, 2017 at 18:26
  • Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That should work then.

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol, I think we're doing the same. It's just says allergies/restrictions right now.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks! Haha yeah we're supposed to be getting them printed this weekend so have to decide quick lol.
  • Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At the bottom of our RSVP card we just put "allergies/special dietary requirements?" and some lines after that for them to put in themselves.

In our information card we just put that a buffet dinner was to follows blah blah blah....

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is so cool! And so unique! I love it!!!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those are so pretty!!! I'd have a difficult time picking between the two... haha
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For sure!!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh it`s fantastic!!! So happy the community is growing!

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks! I love my dress, can't wait to wear it! And for sure, lots of new people I have trouble keeping track too. So awesome though!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

SOOOOOOOO pretty!! You look amazing in it! Sorry, there are so many new faces in the community that I forget which dress I saw and who's it was often times lol

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's our whole budget too. Lol well trying to stay under $30,000. It's so easy to lose sight of it. Lots of little costs you didn't anticipate come up.
    I did find a dress! I absolutely love it and it was the only dress that made everyone cry including myself. Haha did not expect to have that reaction. My dress was $2400 and my veil was $500 (the veil gave me sticker shock haha) but it went so well on with my dress. I did post it in a forum when I couldn't decide between my long veil or a shorter one. Ended up going with the longer one. Here's my dress and veil though. They just came in a couple weeks ago so it was so exciting to see my dress and try it on quick.

Couple of invitation questions ??? 1

Couple of invitation questions ??? - 1

Couple of invitation questions ??? - 2
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Exactly! And that's the way to go about it, you do what you can for your guests and you want them to feel as special as they are to you! But keeping things in perspective is key. It's easy to get caught up in the dollar signs you're spending and lose sight of things

I KNOW that price was crazy... it's literally more than my entire wedding's budget!!! I had incredible guilt over spending $2,000 on a dress! That is so sweet and incredibly generous of your sister! Did you end up finding a dress? Have you posted pictures in the forum?

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I fully understand that and agree. Our main focus has been making sure our guests are taken care of to the best of our ability. I went to a wedding that was more about the just give me the money and we'll be off and didn't really feel valued at all. Haha I couldn't imagine spending that much on a dress. My sister graciously paid for my dress and veil and gave me a $7000 budget. I just couldn't picture myself spending that much on a dress and felt insanely guilty about even attempting to spend that much. We actually went to Kleinfelds in Toronto and I found nothing I liked because I couldn't get over the prices. I ended up finding a dress and veil I loved here for half of that.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh I fully get that sometimes you just can't make a full open bar work in your budget, and I think the wine and toonie bar are a great alternative.

It's more the mentality of "I don't want people drinking on my dime!" that I'm talking to. Most people fully understand that weddings are expensive and as long as you make them feel like they are a valued guest rather than no more important than the gift they bring, you are fine!

I saw a discussion on another forum where a bride had barely any food and a cash bar for her guests, but spent over $30,000 on her dress!!! Obviously this is an extreme example, but it's just something to think about to rearrange people's perspective on the day.

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those are beautiful! Love the colours!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds awesome! My aunt got married in Fiji. Can't remember which resort, beautiful wedding though.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For us it's a cost issue as well. We originally had an open bar, but our budget changed a bit when I ended up off work sick so we choose to decrease the bar. I would love to have an open bar but the cost associated with it is too much and we weren't willing to sacrifice the meal. We are still putting a bottle of white and red on every table and have a signature drink that's open. But other than that we're having a toonie bar. We're having our reception at a hotel and the mark up on drinks is crazy. A few of our "heavier drinkers" already know about the toonie bar and they think it's awesome.
  • Micheala
    Curious October 2017 British Columbia
    Micheala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting Married at a resort called "Painted Boat Resort Spa & Marina" its only a few hours away but it feels like a get away 😊
  • Micheala
    Micheala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is my invite. I had my sister paint the pic and i went in to london drugs and has the photo lab make then

• Micheala
    Micheala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with that and that but drinks become very expensive. We are givubg out 3 drink tickets bc thats all we can afford before the guests have to pay for their own drinks. Of u have a buget then maybe having that limit is the only way u wont be go over that amount you set. I dont belive people should expext an open bar the whole night. Even if u had an open bar for 3 hours or what every time u want. Nut this is coming from a soneone that really cant afford to pay for everyones drinks all night long.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's not paying for people to get drunk. It's treating your nearest and dearest to a wonderful evening that is proplerly hosted. Why NOT treat them to some drinks they may not otherwise pay for because they already spent so much on you. We can all say, well I don't care if no one brings a present, but the reality is that they will because it is what is done If you had people over for a dinner party would you tell them they weren't allowed a second glass of wine because everyone is limited to 1 and they got theirs already? No! You would be a gracious host and do everything you could to make them comfortable and happy.

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those are gorgeous!! We are doing the same thing as well. Keeping the info on the invite short and sweet and having a special note in the card pocket with accommodation and bar info, well maybe bar info. Might create a wedding website and give bar info that way.
    We are actually deciding between two invites. They're both all done up just have to print them. Sorry for the one crappy picture from my computer screen.

Couple of invitation questions ??? - 2
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thats a great idea! Oh resort! Where are you getting married? We were originally going to do a destination wedding, but my Dad isn't in the best of health to travel.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh that sounds wonderful! At a resort? We're sailing with Royal Caribbean this time. Last time and the time before we went with Carnival.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds awesome! How many people are you having? Ours is at the hotel my fiancé works for.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's a great way of thinking about it. We are having a toonie bar, but an open tab for our wedding party.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These are our invites. We decided that we weren't going to put any information on the invites themselves. We wanted to keep them pretty. So we are just going to add another piece of paper in the envelope with all of the other information on it

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree 100% with you.
  • Micheala
    Micheala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Why pay for people to get drunk. If they want to get drunk let them pay for that themselves. Just give a few drink tickets thats what we are doing. We are going to pay for 3 drinks by giving put drink tickets
  • Micheala
    Micheala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just made a facebook group and as people RSVP i add them to the group. In the group page i posted " we are giving 3 drink tickets tuen the resort will have a cash bar after that"
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds amazing!! What cruise line?

We're going to Fiji (Savusavu specifically), I can barely stand the wait

• Leah
    Frequent user April 2017 Quebec
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We mentioned that it was potluck style with a certain kind of beer on tap (from the micro brewery of our first date). We encouraged people to bring a bottle of wine or a dish to share in lieu of a wedding gift

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics