Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessye
Newbie October 2020 Ontario

Cost

Jessye, on January 11, 2018 at 00:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 62
How much is everyone approximately paying for there wedding?

62 Comments

Latest activity by Alessia, on April 1, 2018 at 11:30
  • Alessia
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Alessia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having a traditional Italian wedding, most likely with close to 200 guests. We are having mass in the morning and our reception at night. We didn't really go in with a budget - just kind of seeing how much everything will cost (we are very early in the planning process). We are getting married in Vaughan, Ontario (specifically Woodbridge) and the prices are crazy. Photography/videography alone is close to $10,000... We have really only booked our venue, hired the photo/video, hired a stylist, DJ, and planned who will do our flowers and invites.

• Maureen
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Maureen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are around ****... traditional Portuguese wedding with late night seafood buffet, 5 course meal and open bar..... 120-150 people.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg tell me about it. I’ve just come to the conclusion that this wedding will make me a poor(er) human being 😂
  • Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was startled! Trying to keep to your budget is so hard once you find out how much everything costs
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahah you just sounded so startled!
  • Tradingabyss
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely! To each their own, everyone wants something different. This particular bride sounded like she was struggling and really wanted to keep costs down so I was asking her what she was finding to be so expensive 😊
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are looking to spend $13,000 for 200 guests doing a lot of DIY. I imagine we will probably end up around $15,00z
  • April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Boy, I thought things were expensive in sask. haha. We’re having about 200 people and hopefully will be between $18000-$22000 not including rings or honeymoon
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It might just be her dream venue, dress, etc. Weddings can add up! I’ve been to weddings that had budgets of $7000 up to weddings that were $100000. They were all great but it’s easy for things to add up!
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    First off your profile picture is ADORABLE.

Second, we’re getting married in Vaughan (specifically Woodbridge), and we are budgeting tightly! We’re making concessions regarding certain aspects of our wedding (less decor, affordable flowers, etc.) and getting married on a Sunday versus a Saturday. It’s absolutely doable, just depends on the details.

With this being said, our budget is $30000 with a $5000 contingency fund.
  • Tradingabyss
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Seriously! What on earth costs so much! lol that’s insane
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My reception is at The Old Mill Toronto. We also checked out Fantasy Farm which was a close second when we made our decision.

• Jamie
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our budget is approximately $30-$35K for 230 people in Alberta! It is more than we intended to spend, but we are fortunate to have some help from FH's parents, and my brother paid for my dress as well! We will probably be forking out about $20000.00 ourselves, but by the looks of it based on what we had saved, and our current savings plan, we won't have any debt after the wedding which is a relief!

• Christina
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where are you getting married... I have been looking at places in GTA trying to find good places
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Toronto Bride here. We are still finalizing some details but we are coming in around 22K, including wedding bands but not engagement ring. Our venue with food/bev is about 50% of that amount. We are having approx 90 people attending. The other 50% is photography, dress/accessories, suit, transportation, decorations (which really is only about $150), flowers, favours and wedding party gifts. OH and we have a popcorn machine coming in for late night service.

We tried to keep things down but with the venue alone being about 10K, it's hard.

• Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m also using the budget app and I’m at just over $12,000 and I haven’t added the cost of the tuxedo rental yet. I’m sure there are a few more things I’m forgetting. So..that’s it so far.
  • Leslee
    Beginner October 2025 Ontario
    Leslee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are at about 25k. We went in with no real budget. I am slowly chopping the price down. The venue and food are pricey and I unfortunately have a pricey taste for everything else as well Smiley tongue

• V
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Vienna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Melissa😍 Wish you a beautiful wedding 🤗😘
  • Melissa
    Newbie June 2018 British Columbia
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Vienna- we actually are trying to keep our guest list ~110, so that is probably the difference for us. Our food/alcohol I think is around 100$/person

• V
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Vienna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Melissa,

How did you managed to keep it under $30K? My fianceé and I wants quality food and full open bar as well..... and that takes up half our budget $25K for 220 guests......
  • V
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Vienna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hear you Emily! That was my question too!!🤔 how is it possible to have a budget of under $30K for a wedding in Toronto area?🤔😯🙃 We are at the $50K mark......

• Casey
    Frequent user November 2018 Alberta
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Original thought was $10,000, my estimate on this budget app is $13,800 so I'm expecting $15,000. (This doesn't include a honeymoon)

I am also being gifted money from my mom so a portion of that will go to things I want to splurge on like the dress or beauty treatments. My MIL is amazing and has a friend willing to do bartending for free BUT we are providing the booze for the toonie bar... we have an Aunt who wants to pay for our photography so that will help.
  • Whitney
    Newbie September 2019 Manitoba
    Whitney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I started with no budget in mind since it's all being paid for out of pocket. I've used the budget app and found that roughly we'll be spending $10,000 for everything (attire, rings, ceremony + reception, etc.) with 96 guests.

I probably could've gone lower if I chose a Sunday wedding, or opted for a different time of year but I am getting what I wanted for a decent price as most weddings in Manitoba are roughly $35,000.

*shrugs* You do what you can.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our goal set was $20,000 excluding honeymoon $18,500 on total.
  • Elycia
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our budget is $10 k and we're doing our best to stay under. The budget app on here is a big help. We saved money by diying a lot of things. And having brunch instead of dinner, and minimizing alcohol. So far we're under. But everyone's dream wedding is different.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think there are so many factors that come into play for cost that no one's answer is going to give you an accurate "rate". Ours was between 8-10k but many things were gifted to us or made by us or by friends and family.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well our budget we've set is 15000 not including engagement ring. We haven't really started to spend other than my dress at almost 1300 not including veil my mom bought for me.
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours was btwn $****. That was including engagement rings and everything wedding related for 118 people.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Around 13000 for a 50 people wedding. Mostly because of alcohol and expensive dress and suit.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm at 40k as well Emily! I hear ya!
  • Kait
    Beginner October 2018 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    $6500 but budgeted for $7000
  • Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am an ontario bride and we are hoping to spend under $15000....we have just started planning so we'll see how that goes. Fingers crossed!! I am trying to keep the guest list down as my main way to save money

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics