Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Confession time: did you and your partner have any wedding-related fights?

Joey, on June 7, 2018 at 08:19

Posted in Plan a wedding 39

Let's be real - planning a wedding can be very stressful! All that pressure, all those deadlines, all that money, sooooo many decisions to make... it can build up on you and be a strain. Did you and your partner get into any fights about wedding planning?

Let's be real - planning a wedding can be very stressful! All that pressure, all those deadlines, all that money, sooooo many decisions to make... it can build up on you and be a strain. Did you and your partner get into any fights about wedding planning?

cfb_30221.jpg

39 Comments

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    None so far.
    And it’s early enough in the planning process for us to limit our wedding talk to one meeting a week.
    I think/plan wedding 24/7, but we dedicated most of the convos to that scheduled meeting.
    So that’s how we avoid wedding fights so far.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No major fights to be honest, we have similar tastes so made things easier.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually didn't fight about anything which I thought we would as we were planning everything in a tight time frame. He got frustrated with my indecision at times for certain things but otherwise we were ok.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope - the biggest 'fight' we had are the few times he's gotten frustrated with me for not being willing to go over budget to have things I really want.

As an example - I had set a budget of 750$ for flowers for the bridal bouquet, grooms boutonniere, bridal party (4 BM's, 4 GM), parents and one grandmother. I really wanted lilies in my bouquet as they are my absolute favourite flowers - but everyone was quoting over 1100$ for what I wanted. He was frustrated that I was going to give up the flowers I really wanted to make our budget work - thankfully, I ended up finding a florist that works out of her home that can give me what I want in my budget!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope, we've been good, so far.. I don't foresee any upcoming fights because we have always talked everything out and avoided fighting. If anything we've had small disagreements here and there over probably just budget, he didn't really realize how expensive some things are. I've said a few times, "oh (specific small wedding details) will be around this price" and he's said, "I'm not paying that much for that". Doesn't realize that even smaller things such as bits of decor, flowers, etc are still pretty pricy, even on a budget. Over all we've done good.. but we will see, my pregnancy hormones make me yell a lot so I'm sure it'll change 😂
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No, not yet at least! We have a ways to go though so you never know! So far we have only booked the venue so there hasn't been anything that we disagree on; we both fell in love with our venue!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope. No fights at all so far. Some times he’s like “really? It’s that expensive??? Ok...” lol. We’ve been together a long time, and we are so excited to get married. He doesn’t care about the details and let’s me do whatever. And he supports my crazy ideas and helps through my indecisiveness. Haha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics