Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Confession - I was a bridezilla/groomzilla about...

Joey, on September 1, 2017 at 08:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Be honest - something during your planning process stressed you to the max and you overreacted, or perhaps you were adament that one of your wedding elements went a very specific way and you wouldn't accept anything else. That's fair! Wedding planning is stressful and we can't always be at our best! What has been one thing during your planning process that you totally were a bridezilla or groomzilla about?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Carol, on September 4, 2017 at 09:01
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good to hear there was a good outcome!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I did lol. She had it ready within a day's time, but for some reason needed it a month in advance... she only started it 2 days before the wedding and finished it that same day. I was happy with the outcome, but I will never use her again. Who just ignores the bride, she could have at least responded with "I am unsure of a timeline, but I can message you with an update when I have more of an idea" type thing! Ugh lol
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been very good, the seating chart stressed me but no one really saw. I have had moments with Buddy's sister though, I can see bridezilla eventually losing it.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did you finally hear from her, and get your chart??
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bridechilla, haha amazing!! Smiley star Smiley xd
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was not a bridezilla at all. But I did get annoyed that when I advise the bridal party that we are having a receiving line at the reception. The day of, they decided to not do it and I flat out called them out and told them, this was discussed and they are to follow through with it. They complied afterwards.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have only become "bridezilla" when it came to people in the wedding party giving excuses for things or being jerks to us. Other than that I've been super cool so far, then again I have 9.5 months to go lol

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't really been a bridezilla about much to be honest. I have had a few moments though. I kind of lost it for a minute when my cousin RSVPed with a guest when she didn't ask and hadn't been told she could bring a plus one. I also lost it a bit a week or so ago when our friend texted my FH asking if he could bring a plus one. This was the first we were hearing about him having a gf or anything and since he is in the wedding party it threw off my seating chart and everything which really annoyed me and I said he shouldn't be allowed but my FH said that since we have other people cancel and he has known this groomsman for 20 years that we could accommodate him. Otherwise I have been pretty level-headed.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was a bridezilla 2-3 days before my wedding, because the lady making my seating chart and my table cards, she was ignoring me messages. She wouldn't give me the final cost, she wouldn't tell me when I could pick it up, what time works best for her, her address, or anything! And she would read the messages but simply ignored them. I started getting really angry and almost found someone very quickly to make one up for me! Besides that, I was actually a very calm bride and if I was feeling at all stressed out, I just talked with 2 of my bridesmaids - one being my sister and I usually felt better after!

• Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've had a couple bridezilla moments that I have been told were very much so my right to be upset about. The first one was the place that we got all of our suits for the wedding did not want to hand over my FH's suit, they kept saying he needed alterations, which he did not want yet, my FH wanted to have his suit at home with him. They also took forever to switch our off white shirts with white shirts. I had a definite bridezilla moment with them. The second one was my bridesmaid not picking up her dress from the salon even though it has been in for a month now. I started asking her every single day if she had picked it up and she FINALLY has. I really hate having these moments! Smiley sad

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So far I'm bridechilla BUT I have 28 days to go and I'm sure I'll be crazy about two weeks out. It will probably be about the groom not knowing what he wants to do the day of and it throws all the schedules way off, LOL

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics