Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen889
Devoted May 2018 Quebec

Completed our wedding registry!!

Jen889, on January 1, 2018 at 20:39 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Super happy! Day one of the new year and we completed our wedding gift registry. At first we didn't want to do one as we don't really need anything. We've been together for 7 years, living together for 6 years. We're hosting our engagement party in two weeks and everyone was asking about a registry so we finally gave in. We just added a few items but it's all upgrades for things we wouldn't necessarily spend the money on to upgrade (it's mainly things like carving knives, kitchen utensils, serving dishes etc). Feeling very accomplished! A friend already purchased a cookbook from our list Smiley smile

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on January 5, 2018 at 22:32
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Really wanting to get started on our registry soon. I tried in August and they said it was too early at Bed, Bath and Beyond even though the wedding shower would be in Aprilish if the wedding isn't until August. The Bay just wants way too much for there stuff take Bed, Bath and Beyond and add more money for the same stuff. But myregistry.com I made an account for things I like at Canadian Tire, etc. We have recently found a home and will be renovating soon. I have lots of hand me down items and he does too so we are in need of the basics and more. Starting our lives off fresh. Smiley smile I'm looking forward to this. Told my FH that he needs to come make it to make sure he gets a choice in things as well as its a big decision and I have a hard time making up my mind. lol

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the term "upgrading"! We are in the same boat, have been live together for over 3 years but after each living alone for several years before that most of our things (especially in the kitchen) is just a mishmash of randomness. We started putting our registry together this week and although we don't expect to receive much of it there are nice small appliances and things we've always wanted a new one but "until the old one breaks"... We've for the most part, tried to put things to fit every budget and keep it under $100 (with a couple exceptions).

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm really hoping for the KitchenAid stand mixer, but I realize it's a big ticket item. After that I'd be happy with any of our other items.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awesome! What are you most excited to receive off your registry?

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am in the same boat, we really need nothing as we live together, but family really pressured us, so asking for that waffle maker and esspreso maker my fiance always wanted lol

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our registry was a lot of upgrades and a few frivolous and/or silly items as well! Good job on getting it done!

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who went for upgrades. My wishlist item is a stand mixer too haha!! Our whole registry is basically kitchen upgrades. The good thing is our family and friends know how much we love to cook and entertain.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a registry also. We don't live together, but we each have a full kitchen and bathroom set and linens etc. We used it as an opportunity to get new sets, to upgrade some things, and for "wish list" items (such as a stand mixer!!).

Most of my guests prefer giving gifts over cash.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly!! We already have everything we need. We've already gone through buying a house so we didn't even need furniture or decor pieces. Everything on the list is really things we want to upgrade but dont feel like spending the money on (like Le Creuset cooking utensils lol). The one big ticket item is a KitchenAid stand mixer. Again I've been eyeing it for a while but never bought it.

At least everyone seems to like the list so far. One of my closest friends, but unfortunately lives 8hrs from me, bought a cookbook I've been eyeing. Glad I added it to the registry Smiley smile
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did the same thing with our registry where it was all things that we are upgrading or things we have debated buying but ultimately decided to put the money elsewhere. Finding items for a registry is hard especially when you already live together!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics