Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner July 2019 Alberta

Commute to ceremony

Fiona, on January 22, 2018 at 10:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3
Hi everyone, what are your thoughts on a short commute to the ceremony location?

M y ceremony is in Banff, but accommodations are crazy for summer (no surprise) And Canmore has more options for hotels/Airbnb that aren’t outrageously priced. I’m not having a typical reception in Banff, in fact we’d just like to have a dinner and drinks in a private room in a restaurant, but nothing booked yet so I’m not anchored to Banff for the entire day.

Would it be weird to commute? Or ask my guests to?
Thanks for your advice.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on January 23, 2018 at 03:11
  • Brittany
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We live in Calgary and are getting married in Nanton, and we’re asking guests to commute 60 minutes down there. We had originally looked at booking a school bus, but we’d rather save the $500. If you mean enough to your guests they won’t think twice about it. (Would you mind if it were the other way around? Probably not — Not if you love someone — and those are the people you want there anyway!) it’s easy enough for people to designate a DD or find accommodation near the area. Banff is only 15 minutes away from Canmore so I’d say that’s totally reasonable!! Even if they taxi it back to Canmore it wouldn’t be too crazy expensive. No more than if you were getting married in a big city and they had to taxi it home! Smiley smile
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can give them the option to stay in Canmore or Banff. We are blocking off rooms at two different hotels (one more expensive than the other) for our guests with different preferences. If you are blocking rooms, you could do one hotel in each place and let the guests decide where they would like to stay.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think its too much to ask guests to commute, and I think that they will appriciate it as it will be closer to accomodations they can afford. As long as its not a very large gap, a few hours, which you will need for pictures anyway, and they can have a cocktail hour?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics