Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner October 2018 Ontario

Comfort or Fashion?

Christine, on May 13, 2018 at 14:21 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 15

Hello fellow brides,

I am not sure what to wear on my feet for the wedding. I am not a heels girl so that option is out. I don't know if I want to spend more money and buy 2 pairs of shoes. My thoughts are buying a nice pair of Toms (https://www.toms.ca/featured-shops/white-lace-leaves-womens-classics) and then wearing them all day. Thoughts? Any other brides that wore Toms to their wedding?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on May 17, 2018 at 16:42
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ditto!!! I live in sandals. so plan on living in them that day. hahahha

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan on wearing pretty sandals (with a back strap so no slipping). I wear toms on a regular basis (never have for a wedding) and those things are SOOOO comfy!!! I've worn them when travelling or to concerts when I knew I would be on my feet all day.
    the only thing I find with them....they will smell after awhile (not in one day) and they need to be thrown out.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree! I want to just wear my birks! They are so comfortable and nobody is going to see them anyways.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that is a great idea, especially if they are what makes you comfortable. I wore a small wedge shoe as I didn't want to be in heels all day or buy 2 pairs of shoes like you said.

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the look of heels though the practicality of flats is too alluring. I'm doing just one pair of flats all day. Saves money, as well as the hassle of having to tote around another pair of shoes all day! I would advise against Toms though. I find that in my everyday ones, unless you wear socks (which is honestly super uncomfortable), they make your feet smell. Maybe you're different though. Le Chateau has some beautiful wedding style flats, that are pretty inexpensive comparably as well Smiley smile
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went with comfort and wore sparkly flats all day like the ones Brittany posted! I know I don’t last long in heels so I thought this was the best choice!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd do it if I were you because I know the pains and struggles of finding comfortable footwear.

• C
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are pretty. Yeah if I can find a comfortable and pretty pair of flats, that's what I'll go with. I've had no luck so far!
  • C
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's such a fun pair of shoes!!
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If they fit with the style of your dress, I think those would look perfect.

I'm also not wearing heels. I found a pair of comfortable sandals in white and silver. They're not the 'typical' wedding shoes, but they're really comfortable and I can see myself wearing them again, so that's a double win to me.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can buy beautiful flats and/or sandals that still look fancy/elegant but are totally comfortable. You don't need to be in sneakers or walking shoes to be comfortable.

I tried these on yesterday and loved them, but I'm tall enough that if I wear heels my dress doesn't need hemming, and I can save myself a few hundred dollars... If I was having a summer wedding I'd be in jeweled sandals for sure.

These are from Le Chateau, $69.95.... And they have several similar styles.

Comfort or Fashion? 1Comfort or Fashion? 2

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to start off the night in heels but will have a change of shoes for when my feet can't take it anymore - same with a dress change so that I can be comfy and not worry about ruining the dress or the heels (outdoor wedding = muddy heels in the grass)

• Maria
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ive got really high shoes that i know will kill my feet but i dont care lol... I love them...

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can do comfort AND fashion! Pick something you really love, but won’t kill your feet! I’m wearing Kate Spade Keds!

Comfort or Fashion? 3
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I'm going to do the same thing! No one will see my feet anyway, so why bother being uncomfortable?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics