Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexandra
Frequent user February 2022 Quebec

Colour of bridal jewelry

Alexandra, on November 20, 2019 at 22:03 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11

Colour of bridal jewelry 1 Hi everyone!

I bought my dress this weekend (yay!) but now I’m having a minor freak out because our wedding colours are gold, black, and burgundy. I originally was going to wear gold jewelry but I really think silver would go better with this dress. What do you think? Would gold look good? Does my jewelry have to match our colours/the bridesmaids? TIA!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on November 22, 2019 at 14:58
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Meh. nobody will notice but you.

Wear what looks best with your outfit. I'm pretty sure my earrings were silver. See? I don't even remember. They had crystals and pearls, so the metal colour was pretty insignificant.

I bought the girls gold earrings because it looked amazing against their dark green dresses. And a ton of our decor was gold.

• Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much for your input everyone!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a similar situation. We're having some broze/gold details in the decor but my jewelry will be silver. I don't think it's a big deal.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally would go with silver. your attire doesnt need to match ur hall colors. you want yourself to pop

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely go with what you think will look good. No one else will even notice. I think people will only see your happiness and it won't even be on the radar if your jewelry matches your decor.
  • Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg you and your dress are stunning!! My colors are gold too, but my dress definitely has a silvery glimmer so I’m going to wear silver jewelry. I agree with the other ladies on here that it doesn’t have to match!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say to wear whatever would match your rings Smiley smile

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the previous posters. Your jewelry doesn't have to match your wedding colours.

I'm wearing silver/blue jewelry with my dress, but my colours are gold/white/blue.

Honestly, if someone is going to call you out about your jewelry not matching your colours on your wedding day, they really need to get a hobby....lol

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your jewellery doesn’t need to match your colour scheme. Just go with what you like best and feel looks best with the dress. I think either gold or silver could work.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Jewelry doesn’t have to match the colour scheme of the wedding. If you think silver will look better, than go for silver! Honestly, you will be the only one to notice the colour of your jewelry.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both could easily work since it ties in with either the dress or the theme. The good thing is unless you’re wearing bold jewelry, most people probably won’t notice so you can pick whichever you feel most comfortable with.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics