Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alex
Newbie October 2021 Ontario

Chefs Delight

Alex, on January 23, 2019 at 20:25

Posted in Plan a wedding 41

Question for all you brides! Anyone have experience with CHEF’S DELIGHT? My fiancée and I went to a bridal show last week and won a culinary demonstration with Chefs Delight. They say we get a bridal gift just for attending, which is two free wedding bands, two days and two nights stay at a hotel OR...

Question for all you brides! Anyone have experience with CHEF’S DELIGHT? My fiancée and I went to a bridal show last week and won a culinary demonstration with Chefs Delight. They say we get a bridal gift just for attending, which is two free wedding bands, two days and two nights stay at a hotel OR a honeymoon getaway and two customized champagne flutes. My guy thinks that this may be too good to be true and a scam to get us to buy into what they are selling. Can anyone confirm or deny this? We live far, so if I can avoid a trip down to Toronto to be disappointed that’d be great! Any info would help! Thanks!

41 Comments

• Jamie
    Beginner July 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was just invited to something similar here in Saskatchewan. I'm glad I started Googling and found this post.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its true and for engaged couples only. They get all their information to want you to show up at their demonstration. The only way you get the rings, cruise and/or glasses is to purchase pot/bake sets making monthly payments to them.

I say save your time and energy to going there for an hour and a half. Plus they will have you pay the shipping for the glasses and rings. Cruise doesn't come with the airfare charge so you are aware.

Kitchen Charm does this year in Ontario as your looking at Chefs Delight. They may be connected in some way.

• Josée
    Newbie July 2020 Manitoba
    Josée ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s legit! You’ll get those things just for showing up! There’s shipping to pay but whatever $25 shipping for a free ring isn’t bad. They’ll give a demo of their product (quite expensive with an additional free trip incentive) but it’s honestly worth it. The quality and warranty doesn’t compare. Definitely worth going to!
  • Faye
    Newbie December 2020 Puerto Plata
    Faye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have one Saturday and I’d also like to know what’s it about because the girl said we won the trip. But reading other posts on other sites about this issues and it seems like they don’t really help you and or it’s not a real thing so I’m not sure what to do.... any suggestions? I have a cast on and don’t wanna to go all that way.

• Keyghen
    Newbie August 2020 Manitoba
    Keyghen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay that’s the same problem we have. I don’t wanna drive that far and then it not be legit!
  • Alex
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Alex ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We didn’t end up going because of the reviews I read from other sources. We didn’t want to drive an hour and a half to scammed.
  • Keyghen
    Newbie August 2020 Manitoba
    Keyghen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have also been invited to this same even on this coming Monday. Have you been to yours and do you have any feed back? I just have a feeling it’s a scam and would love feed back
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ive heard of something similar! Like Alexandra said just make sure when you go and sit through their sales pitch on what they will be trying to SELL you in addition, be sure to know if you're just sitting it out for the gifts or might actually want their product.

It is a good sales pitch to bring people in with the promise of gifts! But chances are the actual product theyre selling will be overpriced to compensate for it.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It sounds very similar to the Kitchen Charm thing that I went to. You do get the gifts (you just have to pay taxes/shipping) and basically you sit there while they talk about how amazing this product is (in our case they were this collection of pots) and they talk up how fantastic their deals for financing are etc. It’s pretty convincing stuff even my fiancé wanted to do it even though we knew from the outset we didn’t have extra money to do anything as I was unemployed at the time. If you’re going to do it make sure as a couple you’re on the same page about whether or not you’re just there for the gifts or whether you’re curious. I don’t regret going cause we got the bands and we paid literally $50 for shipping that’s it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics