Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alex
Newbie October 2021 Ontario

Chefs Delight

Alex, on January 23, 2019 at 20:25 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 41

Question for all you brides! Anyone have experience with CHEF’S DELIGHT? My fiancée and I went to a bridal show last week and won a culinary demonstration with Chefs Delight. They say we get a bridal gift just for attending, which is two free wedding bands, two days and two nights stay at a hotel OR a honeymoon getaway and two customized champagne flutes. My guy thinks that this may be too good to be true and a scam to get us to buy into what they are selling. Can anyone confirm or deny this? We live far, so if I can avoid a trip down to Toronto to be disappointed that’d be great! Any info would help! Thanks!

41 Comments

Latest activity by Petrina, on April 26, 2023 at 23:16
  • Petrina
    Curious September 2024 Ontario
    Petrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So glad I found this thread. I just received a call from them yesterday and they left a message and then they emailed me this morning. I have no idea how they got my contact information.
  • Ariel
    Newbie October 2025 Ontario
    Ariel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Myself and fiance just called both of us and had both our names. Said we attend the bridal expo which we did, however, I don't remember them being there?
  • Sybille
    Newbie October 2022 Alberta
    Sybille ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    DO NOT AGREE TO BUY FROM CHEF’S DELIGHT!!! THEY SCAM PEOPLE AND COMPEL YOU TO BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. THEY SUGAR COAT AND SAY THAT YOU CAN PAY LATER AND LYING ABOUT THE INTEREST RATE. AT FIRST THE INTEREST RATE THEY SAID IS 2% BUT ONCE YOUR NEXT PAYMENT COMES UP IT GOES TO 31%!!! THEY LIE TO YOUR FACES SO THAT YOU ALL BUY THEIR CHEAP PRODUCTS!
  • H
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Hillary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancee and I went to this demo. Definitely a sales pitch / ? Scam. After 2hours NOT 90 mins they present this secret offer to you. Pots, pans and knife sets ranging from $5,000-12,000 with them pressuring you to agree to their payment plans, $66/month- $229/month for several years. If you get the pots and pans they offer you more "gifts" a cruise ect. For the gifts you get just for going haven't ordered them yet but will and hopefully I'll remember to update this to inform others if you get anything. The food they "treat" you to at the demo is frozen mixed veggies and shredded chicken breast luckily if you get pressured theres a 10 day cooling off period where you can can cancel your order.
  • G
    Newbie June 2021 British Columbia
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They just called me too! Luckily I found this thread. Seemed so fishy and I'm not sure how they got my name and number..
  • Seasons
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Seasons ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Sheena! I’m hoping this finds you more than a year later! My fiancé and I just got home from attending the demo.. we ended up making a purchase but now after coming home and reading horrible reviews and almost no information about the company itself we are worried that a) we just got scammed out of our deposit and aren’t going to receive our cookware b) the gifts never actually show up after ordering them. Can you confirm that you received all of your stuff (order from the demo and the gifts). Thanks in advance!
  • S
    Newbie October 2021 New Brunswick
    Shayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They keep trying to contact me and I have no idea why. Seems fishy.

• Mary
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a great experience and everything they said was free is.
  • Julia
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Same thing happened to me. https://www.chefsdelight.ca/bridal-gift/ - this is their website. When I typed it in as she told me, it didn't work and I had to search for it. I thought it was too good to be true as well. Another red flag is that she told me they've sent me a text message, but I have never received one! Also, as I was searching, automatically other scam warnings forum posts came up... But scam or not - look at the prizes, look at the rings... they're not that great, and I'm sure they will try to sell you their cookware or whatever else they're offering!

• Rhianon
    Newbie July 2021 Alberta
    Rhianon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just got a call from them, though she was nice, the lady on the phone was pretty aggressive and refused to answer any of my questions about the “prize” or any other details. Would recommend passing this one up. No need for more stress on any of us!
  • Holly
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you happen to remember what there was to choose from?
  • Sheena
    Beginner March 2022 British Columbia
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think the vacation was with the purchase, but I can't remember for sure. The champagne flutes and rings were no purchase necessary.
  • Bethany
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi sheena - did you get the free vacation even without purchasing any cookware as well?
  • Clarisse
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Clarisse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So glad I found this thread!! Can anyone clarify if you got the gifts because you bought the product or was it given to you just for showing up and staying during the presentation?
  • Clarisse
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Clarisse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Brandon,

We got call about this as we.

Just to clarify, you got the coupon and the 2-night stay even though you did not buy the product? Thanks!
  • Kelsey
    Newbie October 2020 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Has anyone signed up for the two night hotel stay? I’m feeling really weird about it and want to know if it went badly for someone else. Thanks in advance!
  • A
    Newbie September 2024 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Me too! They JUST called me and I didn't answer. So glad I found this thread so I don't waste my time.
  • Esther
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Esther ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So glad I found this thread! Thank you!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I signed up with them at the bridal show and they non stop called me for about 4 months. I did ask them on multiple occasions to stop calling me and eventually had to block their numbers.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is a shame Kylie. I had a feeling when we were sitting down to fill out the forms and the amount they wanted to get 10% down payment followed by monthly payments which my husband thought was a good idea at the time. I felt the opposite and declined to put the money down. Good for you to leave and not buy anything. The champagne glasses, rings and vacation were just a joke for what they were trying to pull as you said during the presentation. Its a scam and never would attend another one ourselves.

• Kylie
    Newbie December 2021 British Columbia
    Kylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a horrible experience. So it's like a info commercial. Sit there for 2 hours and learn about there pots. We were intrested but needed more information. So we were asking and we had a bad feeling and decided to decline. The guys said to us thanks for wasting my time and I'm guessing your here for you free stuff well here you go. I called head office and was told by a ladie they will do something for the unwelcome that guy caused us. They talk to some guy cause noone called me back and he said sorry there nothing I can do for you. All I can say is sorry. This was put as a prize to us for entering in the bridal show. Never again will I suggest anyone to go. Or buy there stuff. Zero customer service. What a shame. Poor experience
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We got basically a coupon for a website that had a bunch to chose from
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They have a little selection that is passed around in a ring box and the site on the cardto go onto for purchasing.

• Ashley
    Newbie April 2020 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What kind of bands are they? Do you select them yourself or is it just one kind of band?

• Alena
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Alena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you going to the one May 13th? I'm thinking of going but I'm also afraid it's too good to be true!!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The groups they aim for are small and to have 5-6 couples attention so its easier to have them stick around and get their packages. I did find the same and surprisingly unpleasant they sent the person away because their other half isn't attending. That's terrible and should be posted on the website no subsitutes allowed.

• J
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Jessil ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Brandon,

That's good to hear. Hopefully my fiance & I won't feel too pressured into anything because of the small group size lol. Thanks again & happy wedding planning!

• Brandon
    Newbie June 2020 Ontario
    Brandon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Jessil,

I'm glad I could help.

The groups are always small, I’m assuming to creat a warm and intimate atmosphere, as well as since the gifts may be costly.

Our group was an anticipated 5 couples but only 3, including us, attended.

The chef who put on the demonstration and offered us our discounts said this was normal.

• J
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Jessil ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Brandon,

Your response is very informative. Thank you!

My fiance and I received the invite as well for this coming May. I was wondering if it was a closed show or were there other couples at the event as well?

• Brandon
    Newbie June 2020 Ontario
    Brandon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Melissa,

This is all true!

We just attended last night.

It was a very pleasant, what I'm now calling, live informercial demontration of their cookware which is in fact very very nice cookware.

We were even going to buy it in the end, but felt a little too much presure with huge discounts and free offers and last minute add-ons but needing to buy or register for payment plans before leaving.

We did however walk out with all 3 free items, Coupon code for 2 free rings (need to pay shipping), free vacation (need to pay own flight/travel, and taxes and fees), and 2 free free custom engraved champagne flutes (need to pay 35$ shipping).

All in all we left very happy, and only wish their company policy was different. It's still a pretty large lump sum of money, and before a wedding (we have our engagement party in 1 week and simply couldn't see past it). The value however seems to great! with a 50 year warranty, and the food we tasted was amazing!

I only wish they weren't so pushy with the "this deal is only valid now before you leave".

Oh well, we'll still keep the cookware in minds when the time comes for us to get a permanent set and in the mean time, now we don't need to think about budgeting for our rings.

• Sheena
    Beginner March 2022 British Columbia
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You do get the gifts just for showing up! There's more if you purchase, but the gifts just for showing up are legitimate. Yes, you have to pay shipping. But hey, what's $30 for a set of personalized champagne flutes?!

I used to own a set of waterless cookware in my previous marriage, and when I left that marriage I also left my pots behind. I missed them so much!! My fiancé and I attended the demo and yes, we purchased too. I'm so excited for them to show up! They are expensive. But they are amazing. I truly believe they are worth every penny.

• T
    Newbie June 2020 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaid signed us up to go as my fiancé couldn’t make it. We showed up and the guy told us to leave. He said that it was only for the bride and groom after I had driven a half hr to get there. I didn’t see why she couldn’t have sat in with me, but I certainly wouldn’t recommend it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics