Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Keena
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Ceremony and reception

Keena, on February 8, 2018 at 16:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Would it be rude to have a somewhat small wedding then invite more people to the reception part? I’m not looking for more gifts I’m trying to save on the dinner part of it then have more money to spend for late night snacks and have more people to come and have some fun...

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 12, 2018 at 20:47
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its not rude at all. There are always room for adding more or less.

Its your call and how you decide to go about it. The invitation can indicate the time you want them to join you for the party.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that's fine. People still get to celebrate with you but you also save money. I think this is win-win.

If you do want everyone there to celebrate throughout you could save a bit of money by having a later ceremony and only doing hors d'oeuvres and a late night snack.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would recommend having a later ceremony and serving appetizers instead of a full dinner. That way, you can invite everyone and serve everyone some food.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could have a ceremony that's smaller and then maybe word your invitation to the reception guests so they are showing up for cocktails and snacks. Some people even have later evening weddings starting at 6:30 or 7 and then have a cocktail style reception without serving dinner, just appetizer type dishes. If you specify that dinner won't be served, people will plan accordingly and eat a meal before coming - no biggie!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with you 100%!

Your invitation time must be carefully planned for it to work without any awkwardness. I would be mortified to see guests arriving early to a bunch of people still eating dessert.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it would be rude. I've heard of people having a small ceremony and a bit of a larger reception - however, I usually hear for them being invited for dinner. Your only consideration is that if people show up a bit early, they might see people eating dinner.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics