Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lorraine
Curious July 2019 Ontario

Cathedral Veil

Lorraine, on November 6, 2018 at 12:53 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 13

Hi Everyone,

Originally, I was going to get a custom made veil at the same location I found my dress, but the cost is quite expensive (close to the cost of the dress itself). I am looking for a cathedral crystal trimmed veil - any recommendations?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on November 13, 2018 at 14:31
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my gosh! that's so awesome to hear! I hadn't even gotten that far with her. but will gladly recommend her again after hearing this!

glad this experience is going great for you.

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like I don’t understand why the veil can cost up to a thousand dollars or half the cost of some dresses!!! It’s highway robbery especially if you want a long, laced cathedral veil!!!
    Im in the same boat as you. But I believe you you have a seemstress in your family, fabricland has a sale on different types of laces, if you feel adventuress in making your own.
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the One Blushing Bride suggestion - she has been amazing! I haven't even agreed to purchase from her and she has made suggestions based on my dress and vision for my wedding, all of them spot-on. Responses are amazingly quick, even later in the day. I've requested samples from her and so far the experience has been better than I could have expected!

I bought my dress at a sample sale so didn't get the full experience at the bridal salon (which I didn't expect at a sample sale) and dreaded going back for various reasons. Someone else suggested an amazing seamstress and your suggestion has likely taken care of the veil. So, thank you!!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could look into Facebook wedding buy and sells in your area. Alot of people in my city sell their veils.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not sure where in Toronto you are. but check Tanis Emmett Wedding Style. She's in Stouffville. she does amazing work.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a gorgeous dress!

• Amanda
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There is a shop in Mississauga, it's called Elite Bridal (elitebridal.ca) Jasemin specializes in Custom Veils! And her pricing is incredible!

If you're looking for super cheap AliExpress has pretty ones, make sure to read the reviews and look for reviews with pictures to make sure you're getting the best one, and there's also amazon!

Good luck! Smiley smile

• Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

On a side note, the AUDACITY of them to charge almost the amount of the dress for the freaking veil.

Have you tried Etsy?

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going to second JJs House online! I bought my 2 tier veil (fingertip length) there for under 20 bucks!! And I LOOOOVE IT!!! More than worth the price I am beyond happy with it!

Cathedral Veil 1
  • Lorraine
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Lorraine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Here are pictures from the website.

Cathedral Veil 2

Cathedral Veil 3

Cathedral Veil 4
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmm.... My cathedral length veil (from my bridal salon), was $249, and I receive 10% off any accessories there since I purchased my dress there. Mine is a raw edge veil, so there's no crystals...

Do you have a photo of your dress? Honestly, I was looking at crystal trimmed veils as well, but once I put on the big, plain veil, it just looked super ethereal and bridal, and it highlighted the dress way better.

Also, walking around the salon in the 2 different cathedral length veils, I found that the crystal one got caught on the dress, and it was much heavier, whereas the plain one just floated along with me, and was muuuuch lighter on my head.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Look online at JJs house.

and etsy. so many beautiful shops on etsy that do custom. that are affordable.

this girl I liked RIGHT away. I liked her shop as a recommendation. she sent me a private message within a day or 2 (and I hadn't messaged her) offering to send material samples and work with me. and was just REALLY kind.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/OneBlushingBride?ref=pr2018_faveshops

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My best bet is to call up a bunch of places and see if they have what you are looking for. Wouldn't want to physically go in just to be let down :/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics