Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexandra
VIP November 2019 British Columbia

Calling all Christmas brides!

Alexandra, on June 5, 2018 at 17:44 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
I’m getting married November 23rd, 2019 and our venue has Christmas decorations that stay up (Pictures attached are one wedding and a Christmas party) I personally am all for the Christmas decor, as I love Christmas! Is anyone else doing Christmas decor? If so what kind of things are you going to have?

Calling all Christmas brides! 1

Calling all Christmas brides! 2

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on June 9, 2018 at 12:15
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your venue looks gorgeous for a winter wedding and the colours are superb especially the white chair covers to go with the red table cloth.
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah we went to see it when it had the decor up just cause we knew we wanted a November wedding. The fireplace with the wreaths sold us. It’s going to be right behind the head table and it’s just gorgeous!

I am undecided on whether we’ll be doing favours or not but I do like the idea of wrapping them like presents! I’m really excited because it’s my future Brother in laws wedding in two weeks so we’ll get some ideas there and we’ll likely be buying some things off them. Then after that it feels like it’s really going to be our turn!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your wedding is going to be amazing!!! I wanted a winter wedding, but for other reasons decided to go with September. I love your venue and the way it looks decked out in Christmas decor! For party favours I would totally do some type of edible in a box and wrap them like a gift! I could think of a million ideas with your theme. Christmas is my favourite!!!!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those ideas sound really cute! I personally think you should go with the candy canes, because mint is actually really good for the digestive system after a big meal! So you’ve got a little Christmas but also something that’ll help people out! (Tell your future hubby that maybe it’ll warm him up to the idea)

I love the card box like a present idea too! Super simple idea but will look gorgeous when executed!

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ooo! We also have fairy lights which are kind of Christmasy Smiley smile
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're November 16 this year! We're doing bugandy and forest green colours, but it's more of a "Winter forest" theme than Christmas. We will likely have a couple un-decorated evergreens around the church to fill it out. We also will be using candles to decorate tables instead of flowers.

I also collected a crap ton of little please pinecones last month to use Smiley smile
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh and we are doing a candy/cookie table. I plan on making sugar cookies shaped like snowflakes and hearts.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married December 29th. Our venue will have some Christmas decorations and I’m hoping they will have Christmas trees in the room.

Our colours are dark purple (eggplant) and silver. I’m not doing anything super Christmasy (except the trees hopefully) but I am including some silvery, sparkly items. I may throw some snowflake items in our decor. My bouquet has beading and some broaches that almost look like snowflakes (not exactly). I’m also having lots of candles on the table.

Our invitations have silver glitter on them and I will putting silver snowflake stickers to seal them with. I wanted to put a candy cane at every place setting but the future hubby said he doesn’t want any (just because he doesn’t like candy canes). I may just get some anyways lol.

I love christmas decorations so i have I have a feeling I may incorporate more as I go. Ohhh I just had an idea. I could put a mini Christmas tree on the gift table😁. And make a card box that looks like presents wrapped in silver paper.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love Christmas weddings! If it weren't for my hatered of the cold, I would have probably had one lol.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That would be beautiful! I love mountain weddings! We live in BC now but the wedding is in Ontario so we can have all our friends and family there, so I'm a little jealous of all the mountain weddings and in winter..that would be gorgeous!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m hoping it snows just a little on our wedding day. We’re on a mountain so it looks really pretty when it snows!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the Christmas theme! We are having a spring wedding, but almost decided on a winter wedding if it hadn't of been for the venue we wanted being spring and summer only. But I just had to comment on how beautiful I think winter/Christmas weddings are! 😍

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics