Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Super September 2018 Alberta

Calgary venues

Michelle, on December 12, 2016 at 22:14 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 19

Good evening all,

I am curious I have heard people telling me that booking venues you can get a discounted price compared to if you book them 3-5 months in advance. I have been emailing around but the rates seem to be the same even if I was booking them 6 months in advance. I would like a venue that needs to hold at least 130 ppl reasonable price.

Any suggestions?

We are planning to get married in Oct 2018.

Thank you in advance

19 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on January 20, 2017 at 08:59
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sure I could too but just emailing around to other hotels/venues as well and seeing what they say.

• Raphaela
    Frequent user June 2018 Alberta
    Raphaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im sure you could do your ceremony elsewhere if you wanted. I think there time is earlier then 6 pm also.
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just emailed them and let's see what they say.

Nothing too much just being able to use the space for certain times and wanting to do ceremonies in one place and reception in another. EX: Zoo you have to do both there can't just do ceremony & Heritage park you can only start your event after 6pm so if I wanted to do my ceremony there I could do it around 6:30pm.

• Raphaela
    Raphaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im not sure. They are quite new I think. I am still looking into them for my venue next year I know they use a specific company for catering. The thing I like the most is everything is in one place and it is the cheapest I've seen so far. Are there specifics in terms of accommodation?
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh I didn't think of that, are they accomodating? I've contacted a couple venues and they were the opposite of accomdating and it's frustrating....-sigh- so difficult.

• Raphaela
    Raphaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey I'm in calgary too. Have you looked into the meadow muse pavilion, its at fish creek park beautiful location there is a tent structure there so its great for both outdoor and indoor.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These sounds like great ideas! Let us know what you'll choose! Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah I have emailed a couple hotels, golf courses and I have also looked at the Calgary Zoo as well

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Michelle! I think that's the best way to go about it! Smiley smile You could also take a look at golf courses, hotels, restaurants, wineries.... Have you contacted many venues in the area already?

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah so I'm hoping to see if I pull the same thing as well with some of the venues.....and see how that goes haha but I might be pushing it.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's awesome!!

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ugh that's frustrating luckily I work in a hotel myself so some of my co-workers are giving me tips like call this limo company and them this is hotel you work for and see if they can give you a deal because we give them good room deals and see what they say.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ya I had to fight to get some reasonable prices because everything for me is the same location, so I only need the limo for MAXIMUM an hour. But most places have a 2 hour minimum and they kept quoting me prices for their 6 hour "wedding" package. They were like... but it includes a bottle of champagne!! And I'm like... I'll be in the car for 10 mins... I'm not going to chug it directly before the ceremony, sooooooo...... I'm good thanks!

I still have to book mine, but I finally got a relatively reasonable price (though I'm not happy they all won't do late night pick up in anything other than a towncar)

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you so much. Yeah I was told if I am booking a limo don't mention wedding just say a special occasion or a gathering of friends instead because once wedding is mentioned prices go way up 10 fold over.....so expensive =.=;

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No problem!! I can totally see their logic, but unfortunately weddings are a whole separate thing (add wedding to anything and they jack up the price).

"Wedding cake" from Man Stroke Woman

There is a great community here if you ever have any questions! For most of us it's out first wedding, but you can receive the collective wisdom of internet strangers to help with any questions you have Smiley winking

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would love to do outdoors ceremony but....given the fact it's Calgary and our weather I would definitely somewhere that offers both but most do have both as a back up plan just in case the weather doesn't turn out in our favor.

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you so much Valerie. Good to know I am the first of my friends to get married and they told me that but perhaps they were assuming as some places like hotel rooms you can sometimes get a discount but who knows. Thank you for your response Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Michelle, welcome!

Unfortunately I've never heard of a venue offering an early booking discount, some venues can get booked up to 2 years in advance!! Venues will usually have discounted rates for Fridays or Sundays (or really any day that's not a Saturday) and off-season (depends on the venues definition, but usually November to April is considered "off season").

I don't know about any specific venues in your area though, sorry.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Michelle! Welcome to our community! Smiley heart The great advantage of booking your venue in advance is that you have more time to look for different options. And a lot of venues get booked quite fast! It's actually one of the first thing I would suggest to look into when you start planning as it helps setting the tone for all the other things.

You can have a look at these venues in your area to see which ones you'd like:

Wedding Venues Calgary

You can also look into these tips and ideas I had for the community!

9 unique venue ideas

6 hidden costs you should ask your venue about

I really like the library venue, for instance, I think it's a great idea! Smiley catface Let us know which ones you like!

Do you want to get married indoors or outdoors? Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics