Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Budget breakdown: how are you divvying things up?

Lynnie, on January 3, 2018 at 13:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

Let's breakdown your wedding budget!

What are you splurging or saving on? Where is most of your money going? Which vendors are you prioritizing?

Share your wedding budget breakdown!

Budget breakdown: how are you divvying things up? 1

Need help with your wedding budget? Use the budget tool to help you plan and check out tips and advice from our experts: How to Create a Wedding Budget , How to Divvy Up Your Wedding Budget , 10 Ways to Avoid Going Over Budget on Your Wedding

15 Comments

Latest activity by Peggy, on April 17, 2018 at 17:45
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our total budget is about 15000$. We are lucky that my parents are giving us some towards the bar costs (1000&dollarSmiley winking and his parents are giving us about 1000$ to put towards whatever we need it for the most. Otherwise we are covering all the costs.

For us, our biggest cost (about 40% of our overall budget) is food and beverages (about 7000&dollarSmiley winking. Then photography (2000&dollarSmiley winking, venues (1500$ total for ceremony and reception), dress & accessories (1500&dollarSmiley winking, music (1200&dollarSmiley winking. Everything else (flowers, suit rental, makeup, transportation, etc) totals about 2500$. We are not including our honeymoon in our budget.

• J
    Newbie July 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Judyanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I are having a small wedding. Food will probably be the most.
    Then pictures . Then booze
    Ceremony will be held in our backyard.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Venue was our biggest splurge. Everythong else was less expensive.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya... We haven't put a budget on the honeymoon... We basically decided with the insane housing market that we cant afford to buy so we are dipping into our down payment savings to go travel while we can.
    Our wedding will be under $10,000 total... And im hoping the honeymoon wont be more than another $10,000 or so but i also have no realistic idea of what it will cost.
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The reception cost us almost 50% of the total estimated. My dress was a good 20% and my partner’s suit, shirt and accessories was another 10%. 5% also went to our wedding bands. Favours and flowers will be another 10% (estimated) and the rest hair and make up.
  • Shawna
    Newbie June 2019 New Brunswick
    Shawna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I definitely want to spend the majority on my honeymoon. Europe was my choice too. But I'm having some difficulty trying to figure out where I should spend my money and how
  • Samantha
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Food is the most expensive thing that we're doing, but I splurged a bit on my wedding dress! I bought one that was probably double the price of my budget because it was absolutely perfect!

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Food is probably going to be the biggest thing we slurge on. No one like to go to a wedding and not enjoy the food, I want the experience to be great as a whole for my guest. I also want a great meal on my wedding day!
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Food is definitely the biggest expense, but we couldn't really do anything about that cuz it's provided by the hall we want. next would probably be my dress cuz i went a little overboard Smiley love plus alcohol, those 3 are really the only expensive parts i was pretty budget conscious about the rest

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We spent the most on our photographer, thankfully our local hall is free if they cater and it's only 15$/person for the full meal and desserts!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honeymoon for sure!!

We are doing the wedding as cheap as possible so we can spend all our money on a 2 month trip backpacking Europe Smiley smile

but aside from honeymoon most our money has gone to food, booze, photographer and tent/table/chair rentals.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far mainly food/booze and photographers. Everything else is kind of trickling in, taking as many short cuts as I can with decorations which include 2nd hand items or items for free, dollar stores that way the cost is still manageable.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The vendors we are spending the most on will be the venue (food included), photography, and decor/floral. Our honeymoon is pretty pricey too but we aren't really including that in our vendors.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are both big foodies so good food was important as well as good music and transportation for our guests to and from the venue as we didn't want anyone having to leave early in order to drive or try driving intoxicated.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our biggest three is Reception, Photos, honeymoon. Venue and food was priority for fiance, photos and dress was priority for me (although I didn't want to spend a ridiculous amount on the dress!). We are both excited for the honeymoon as we have not been to a tropical location together!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics