Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Bridezilla

Holly, on March 30, 2019 at 21:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hello my fellow brides!

Recently I've seen quite a few posts about worries that you are being too demanding or bridezilla as the term is. We have all been there or will be there where a specific detail just isn't going as planned and we start to panic and maybe get a bit crazy and that's okay!! It's our wedding day!!!!! We want it to be as perfect we can have it. Yeah, not everything works out exactly as planned and we know that and prepare for that.
When we are planning our wedding and a bridesmaid or groomsmen is being difficult or our FMIL keeps adding people to HER guest list or when a vendor cancels or give you a hard time, those are the times that stress us out the most and we are allowed to get mad and frustrated and say no because it's OUR day not theirs. You and your fiancé(e) are spending lots of money and time to plan this wedding and you have every right to be bossy and demand perfection. So don't worry if someone calls you a bridezilla and don't worry about acting like one because sometimes it's okay to. Yes we all want to please our family, friends and all our guests but that doesn't mean what they want can come first and they need to respect that. You can't please everyone no matter how hard you try.

So I just want to remind you all that it's okay to be a little crazy sometimes because we have been working our butts off to plan our weddings! Don't be afraid to say no, don't be afraid to get strict and don't be afraid to piss a few people off.

Bridezilla 1

9 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on April 1, 2019 at 13:21
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This was just what I needed! Thank you for writing something so relatable Smiley smile

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Holly for this post! I think it is defiantly something we need to remind ourselves!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with this 100% percent!!

Yeah, I want certain things for my wedding. Does that make me a bridezilla? Hell no! Unless it's asking my bridesmaids to change something about themselves, or asking guests to bring at least $1,000 or they aren't welcome. But wanting a certain colour/flower/whatever because it's what I envisioned - perfectly normal bridal behaviour IMO!

Thanks for the post Holly, the pressures of planning get to us and we get a little crazy, we get assertive when our moms want to invite everyone she's ever met. We want our wedding party looking their best, while wearing what the bride wants to help uphold her vision.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is so true, you summed it up perfectly. Thank you for sharing this!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly! And yeah I feel like the second the bride gets a bit bossy or this is what I want so this is what I'll have, people hit her with being a bridezilla but that's just being a bride who is planning her wedding!!
    One of my bridesmaids for sure has called me a bridesit behind my back no doubt! She was dead set on a specific pair of shoes for the wedding but I actually fell in love with them and got them for myself (lol) and then I also decided what shoes they will wear..now this whole planning process I've pretty much let them do their own thing..pick their own dress, hair, makeup and jewelry so I think me telling them what they need to do for shoes threw her off a bit.. I know the groomsmen probably think I'm bridezilla too but I think that's like an automatic thought for groomsmen lol
    I'm just a bride who knows exactly what she wants I wouldn't call it a bridezilla..not yet at least 😂
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is 100% what I say! I mean if a bride is making their girls loose weight or dye their hair or change their physical features in any way aside from a dress and makeup... that I consider a bridezilla! There was a story of a bride demanding people donate money to her wedding, THAT is a bridezilla! But like you said, you are dropping a huge amount of money to make your day the way you want to make it and if things are going south you have every right to get a little upset! I dont really like the term because I feel like its thrown around too much when a bride is anxious about something but going right. Also. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if anyone starts any kind of drama at my wedding I would be more than happy to bridezilla their butts right out the door. There is no room for anything but love at my wedding and any negative emotions will get a swift bridezilla kick from me. In my pretty wedding shoes.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well said Holly! Completely agree.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    100% agree with all of this. To me “bridezillas” are when there are crazy out of this world expectations or disagreements.
    Standing your ground and saying no to some things is just having your day the way you want it!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love this!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics