Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Newbie September 2018 Alberta

Bridesmaids in different provinces - best way to coordinate dresses!

Val, on November 13, 2017 at 12:27 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
Hi! I have 5 bridesmaids between two provinces and it is unlikely that we will be able to all get together to pick out their dresses. I am choosing the colour and overall style but otherwise am fine with them choosing their on dresses - does anyone have experience with good stores (online or retail) that would work with making this an easy process for everyone? I am hoping we all land on the same designer so it looks cohesive but short of ordering online (which makes me a bit nervous) I am not sure what the best option is!
Thanks ladies Smiley smile

7 Comments

Latest activity by Sydney, on November 16, 2017 at 15:32
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 6 bridesmaids. 4 of them are here in Ontario, one is in Nova Scotia, and one is even in Boston. We chose David's Bridal, as they have locations all across Canada, and even in the States! And none of them had any trouble finding the dress we picked Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 2 local bridesmaids and one distant. I went shopping with the two local ones and chose the designer, material, length and colour I liked. They can choose the style. Most designers have their dresses at multiple stores. I checked with the store my distant bridesmaid is closest to to see what designers they have. Then, I looked at dresses here from that designer. I wanted my bridesmaids to be able to try on the dresses, so I opted out of buying online. Although, one of my bridesmaids did find her dress for sale online and it is the same designer (not a knock-off). I had checked out David's Bridal as well; the closest colour wasn't what I wanted and the two that tried on dresses there did not like them.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had 2 bridesmaids on 2 continents so I feel you. I decided on a few dresses I liked from David's Bridal (one bridesmaid was in Calgary so I knew there was a store she could visit) and they chose which one they like best. My BM that lives in South Korea sent me her measurements and I ordered the dress for her.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also second David’s Bridal. It exists in most major cities and they have a consistent list of dresses, so that your bridesmaids will be dressed fairly uniformly
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going with azazie.com. The only downfall to using them is that they only ship to the states so we have to drive to pick them up. It's super difficult to even get their attention to order the damn things.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had BMs on different continents so I went with David's Bridal. Giving each girl a color and fabric and length and then letting them choose their own dress style could be an easy solution, as would Azazie or the Dessy Group.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I chose a length, material, and colour at David's Bridal, and everyone is able to go and try on dresses and choose what they want. The nice thing about that is that Moore's works with David's, so you can match groomsmen exactly to bridesmaids.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics