Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Frequent user September 2019 Ontario

Bridesmaids dresses!!

Kayla, on September 7, 2017 at 19:01 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 28

Hi Ladies!

I really want my bridesmaids in those sequin gold dresses (floor length).. That being said, the price seems a little crazy.. like 799 a dress and I'm not going to make them spend that. I'm wondering what you have chosen/your bridesmaids have picked and how much they cost? Please post pictures Smiley smile Also! Should I get my dress before theres? My wedding is about 1 year away.. I have no idea when to start looking..

I would love the help!

Best,

Kayla

Sort of my idea!Sort of my idea!

28 Comments

Latest activity by Megan, on September 26, 2017 at 11:44
  • Megan
    Curious July 2019 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls want the sequin dress so we have been researching!

One of my girls ordered one from amazon for $89 CAD.

One tried Lulu that was mentioned below. (waiting for it to come in)

And one tried Davids bridal. (didn't have much selection)

It is honestly really good quality and she loves it. The only thing is the sequins are scratchy and i don't want them to be uncomfortable for the entire day.

I have left it in their hands lol Smiley smile

• Katherine
    Curious August 2017 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would recommend Davids Bridal as well!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/SearchDisplay?categoryId=3003367&storeId=10052&langId=-1#!&facet:1016071111108100,101607111110810032771011169710810810599&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:30&productSize:large&isPriceFacet:false&facetValues:,Gold,Gold%20Metallic&

That link should take you to the gold dresses.

Also I don't see why you would even hesitate to get your dress first. You are the bride, and if you want the dresses to work with yours you make that happen, after you've bought yours. You need to be the happiest person with their dress that day so focus on you.

• Jessica
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kayla!

I got my dress before the bridesmaids, but i already knew what i wanted for them so it didn't matter.

I went with those convertible dresses! the ones with the 60 different ways to wear them. I figured they were versatile enough for them to wear again after the wedding! and they are under $200!

Hope this helps and good luck!

• Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just happened to get my dress before we shopped for the ladies! We took a while to co-ordinate the day that we were all available to shop for dresses together! I found my dress at a friend's store. She owns a dance/costume/bridal store in town and I bought my dress for $300 off the rack alterations included!

For my maids, we went to David's Bridal in Toronto and also to Henkaa in the same day. We all loved the Henkaa dresses and the ladies can all have the coverage and style that they want! No one found anything that they liked at David's, despite trying on LOTS!

The Henkaa dresses are less than $200 each and all my maids are excited about them and about being able to wear them again!

• R
    Curious December 2017 Ontario
    Ranaaaaaa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey- those are beautiful dresses.

My GF picked them last year for her wedding and I was in the wedding party- I do not think that it is fair to ask anyone to to put that much towards a dress they will never wear again. I would ask my BM how much they are willing to spend and shop for similar styles in their price range. If you show the store a picture of what you are looking for and the price you want to spend they may be able to provide you with something very similar.

Best of luck.

• Elly
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Elly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lulus!!! Prices are USD as far as I know but I've bought from them and the quality has been pretty good so far! Smiley smile They have quite a few great options in sequin.

https://www.lulus.com/products/slink-and-wink-matte-rose-gold-sequin-maxi-dress/271098.html

https://www.lulus.com/products/chic-celebration-champagne-sequin-maxi-dress/513812.html

https://www.lulus.com/products/notorious-matte-rose-gold-sequin-maxi-dress/384832.html

• Andrew
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Andrew ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancée and I have been going over a ton of options and David's Bridal is one of them, but depending on where you are located, another great one is Best for Bride (www.bestforbride.com)

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Davids bridal is a great option... I just bought 4 dresses online from them and they were all on sale... All different dresses and none of them over $200 canadian including taxes and shipping.
  • N
    Curious June 2018 British Columbia
    Nadine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm trying to find a reliable onsite site I've seen many sites with great prices but I hear it's it and miss on the quality of the dress, someone recommended a seamstress to me, but even her cost would be starting at $350 and 3 of may ladies can't afford that. Trying to find something for them in the $150 range or less. As anyone one ordered from an online service with good quality dresses. I have a friend that had a bridal shop and she is against the idea of ordering online, but that's okay for her because she has a formal dress in my colour that she could wear, but the other 3 really can't afford a lot. I heard of David's Bridal, but then you got to pay for the US Price Conversion. Any one ordered good dress online yet that your ladies like them, if so what site did you use.

I finally found my dress so have to order it within a couple weeks to get it in time for alterations 6-8 months. Now that I know what my dress looks like we are not focusing on their dresses, I'm letting them pick the style that suits their shapes best but same colour or within same shades of the colour. Burgundy. They are all different sizes and heights so don't think the same dress will work for all of them. So they choose style I choose the colour.

Thanks

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Davids Bridal!!! They're fairly cheap ish, our dresses are only 200$ we picked the colors iris and spa

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you looked at Davids bridal .. I did a search for gold sequins long dresses and had 3 gold ones come up.. all under $200 (of course it sent me to the American site)

21754170_10159402897245714_229580217_n.p
    I'm not sure what the difference btwn these 2 gowns are but the names are different...

21741453_10159402897355714_650871538_n.p

21733308_10159402897310714_1303384549_n.
    Also, a local bridal fb group I'm on just posted this:
    Tip of The Day; Sequins hurt! If you are considering a sequin top dress (you, bridesmaids or children), maybe have a change of clothes ready. Sequins will slice and rub the skin raw Very quickly. And the ouch can last for days!

I would suggest looking for your own dress sooner than later - as wedding dresses can take awhile to come in and you'll want time to find 'the' dress.
    The girls can go either the same time or a few months after you... best to check with the store to see what their shipment wait time is. I know when my ladies got theirs we went btwn Christmas & New years and they said they would come in March - they ended up coming the end of January and only one in April.

• Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my bridesmaid dresses on AliExpress, so they're really cheap. It's really a hit or miss with this site though, but I got lucky and the quality is not too bad. You just gotta look for the store that has a lot of client photos and review. If you land on a store that has no sell or review, it's up to you if you want to take a chance.I saw some really nice ones in Etsy too, so maybe give that a try. Etsy is higher quality for sure.

Bridesmaids dresses!! - 1
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haven't chosen the bridesmaids dresses yet, but we're probably ordering mismatched ones online. I've agreed to cover the cost for the girls up to $150 which should cover most if not all of the cost for each of them. I've picked out my dress already, and it was important to me to do that first because I was considering a pale blue wedding dress, and planned to put my bridemaids in grey so I didn't want them to similar. Now I've chosen something gold and ivory, so they'll look great in grey and blue shades.

There's a lot of good options on etsy for a lot less than that, like this one: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/263826069/bridesmaid-dress-gold-sequin-metallic?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=cap%20sleeve%20sequin%20bridesmaid&ref=sr_gallery_3.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a really nice picture and only a fraction of the cost.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my dress before them yes. I let my one bridesmaid pick them for all. They were 70 dollars

Bridesmaids dresses!! - 2

Bridesmaids dresses!! - 3

Bridesmaids dresses!! - 4

Bridesmaids dresses!! - 5
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine are from Bill Levkoff, My MOH dress will cost $250 and other bridesmaids $170.

Here is a gold sequin dress made by designer that I think you will love!

• Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just ordered my wedding dress a few weeks ago and it won't be in until the end of January. They can take anywhere from between 6-8 months to come in so you could start looking now!

My bridesmaids dresses are from davids bridal and they all came in within a month or so!

• K
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! I honestly did not think about the season at all. Also time lines.. I feel like I have so little time!

• K
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the idea of letting them pick different styles in the same colour or fabric! You and your ladies look amazing!! Smiley smile

• K
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amazing point... I didn't think of that!

• K
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much Joey!! I love them all.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sequins dresses are beautiful but one annoying thing about them is they catch on everything. Depending what type of material your wedding dress is and if you use any overlays on your head table, it maybe a big annoyance to you. I wanted a similar dress for my MOH but decided against it for the above reasons! Check the Dessy Group Online for dresses. Lots of different choices.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You should certainly get your wedding dress soon, I would start shopping now. Do you have a style in mind for your own dress? As for the BM dresses I bet we can help you search for something glittery!

Watters, Sorella Vita, and Pronovias have a few sparkly dresses I found in the Bridesmaid Dresses tab of WeddingWire, here are a few ideas -

Pronovias

Sorella Vita 8794

Sorella Vita 8686

Watters 2306

Watters 2305

Morilee

And David's Bridal have a few gold sequin dresses at better prices if you have one of those near you

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All my girls dresses cost between $90-$200 each... I let them each pick their own dress but said it had to be green.
    I bought all 5 bridesmaid dresses and my dress on the same day. My wedding is next july... I didnt mean to buy them all this early but it just worked out Smiley smileheres me and my girls with our dresses! All their dresses will be in the dark green.

• Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here is a good place - a friend of a friend got dresses here & they were beautiful.

Very affordable too!

https://shoprevelry.com/sequin-bridesmaids-dresses/

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the sequin dresses, I'm sure you can find knock offs, or find someone that can make them. Your dress you can start any time, my bridesmaids dresses took 3 months to come in, and 2 needed alterations, so give a month for that to be on the safe side, so minimum 4 months for the bridesmaids but we got them much earlier, you also need to think of the season you are getting married in, and when their dress seasons change. Just a couple hints.
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also I meant to say that you don't have to get your dress before them but I'd definitely start looking. A lot of places require 8 months notice so it would be good to get it early so you're not stressing.
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those are really pretty!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics