Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kubanski
Newbie October 2018 British Columbia

Bridesmaids

Kubanski, on February 7, 2018 at 21:28 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11

Do bridesmaids usually wear the same jewelry? Or let them wear whatever they want?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on February 10, 2018 at 21:15
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was unsure of this myself a few months ago, so I reached out on here. I came to the decision that I wanted all the girls to have matching necklaces for a more cohesive look and I'm letting them decide on their earrings, as long as they are gold (to match the necklace). I think earrings are such a personal thing, and not everyone likes certain kinds so I think it's good to give them choice.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm letting them choose what they want, we may have matching bracelets. Which I will purchase as part of their bridal gift, but that's it. Pretty much letting they have free reign if they want.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm letting my bridesmaid choose their own accessories. That way, they don't have to spend extra money if they don't want--they can just wear their own. I've been in three weddings and two of them we were given necklaces to wear. And, I haven't worn them since.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whatever they like!

It was/is important to me that my girls feel comfortable and look like themselves, including their personal style. I asked them to all pick a design/brand they liked for a dress, and picked the colour that went with our theme. From there they could pick the style in that brand they like. I've told them they can do whatever they like with their hair/make up or jewellery.

The only thing I've said no to, is when one girl asked if she could wear a flower crown.. I just thought that was too bridal if I wasn't doing one.

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm letting mine accessorize separately, adds individualism. I let them pick different styles of dresses too though.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls wore whatever jewelry they wanted.

• Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you asking if they wear the same jewellery as he bride or each Other?
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can go any way with their jewellery. I don’t think there’s a solid rule behind it, just whatever makes you happy lol
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My girls can wear whatever they want! They will all be in different dresses anyway and will have different hair.
  • Chanelle
    Frequent user September 2019 British Columbia
    Chanelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve always seen them wear the same, often it’s a gift from the bride.

For my girls, I plan to ask them to wear some simple diamond studs as their hair will be down, and I will probably buy them each a bracelet as a thank you gift that they can re wear hopefully.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridal party is going to agree on what jewellery they will each wear, I think they have agreed on earrings and a bracelet but will each choose their own pieces. They have agreed to keep all jewellery gold to keep a somewhat uniform look.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics