Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Bridesmaid Shoes & Accessories

Holly, on September 25, 2018 at 21:21 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9

So my bridesmaids have all picked their dresses! Yay! We will be placing the order this week. So now that their dresses are out of the way its time to start thinking accessories. Now they all have different dresses, same colour. So I don't know how to coordinate the accessories. Should they all have the same accessories and shoes? Should they be different? I am not sure what will work. I am thinking of the shoes, that it will again be the same colour but they can choose the style but I'm just having a hard time picturing it in my head.

I will post their dress choices and colour below so that way you can use them as a reference for any advice you have.

Bridesmaid Dress ColourBridesmaid Shoes & Accessories 1

Maid of Honour Dress (will be cut to knee length)Bridesmaid Shoes & Accessories 2

Bridesmaid #1 Dress (cut to knee length)Bridesmaid Shoes & Accessories 3Bridesmaid #2 Dress (cut to knee length)Bridesmaid Shoes & Accessories 4Bridesmaid #3 Dress (cut to knee length)Bridesmaid Shoes & Accessories 5

As mentioned on all the pictures, they will be cut down to knee length.

So if any of you have any ideas for accessories and shoes that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You Smiley heart

9 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on October 1, 2018 at 22:05
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My ladies all had same colour, different style dresses. I asked them to wear black shoes and silver jewelry if they wanted to accessorize. I like that nothing was completely matching, just similar

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls are all in floor length dresses, so I'm not picking their shoes. Just asked them to stay neutral, as they all have slits up the same side, and I'd like to get a cute photo of their legs out in a pose.

I would at least pick a shoe colour, and style (strappy sandal, stiletto pump, etc)... because many girls will already have a black heel, or whatever, and although they aren't identical, they'll be very cohesive.

As for jewelry accessories... it's up to you how "glitzy" you want them. My cousin's wedding, she wanted to "pop" as the bride, but wasn't doing much jewelry or detail on her dress... we made the "rule", stud earrings only, no necklaces, no bracelets, black high heel shoes.

Pretty much no one had to buy anything new, but everyone looked the "same".

For my wedding, I've told my 3 bridesmaids that they can't wear anything bulky/chunky. I'll be giving the final "ok" on their accessory choices, but essentially they can pick their own. My dress is total sparkle from top to bottom, so I'm not worried about them being glitzier than me.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would say to go with either a nude colour or if you have any accent colours like Allison said. Nothing too bold or bright though!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Same colour shoes but different style would be nice. Each one could pick the shoes they like most with their dress/ most comfortable.

I agree with Tori that necklaces might be difficult because of the different necklines. You could also do earrings for everyone that match

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely want them in same color shoes. and different styles. I would go with a nude shoe or sandal (if I remember correctly you are getting married at the country church/wedding barn). and let them choose shoe style (if they want a heel or not). if they are doing heel, don't do a stiletto (just picturing the grounds at the venue...gravel! haha).

jewellery wise...I would not do necklaces. I would do a nice bracelet and earrings.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since they are all different style dress, but to knee length, I would have them all in the same colour shoe as well, but different style and the same bracelet or something. For colours, I feel like lots could work, you could do black, cream, gold, silver... do you have an accent colour?

• Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would do same jewelry and shoes so there’s something that’s the same between them. Even though, as Tori said, the necklines aren’t the same so it’ll be tricky
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay that's exactly what I was thinking! Plus different styles lets them pick what is comfortable for them! Any suggestions on a shoe colour? I'm honestly the worst at matching colours 😂
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unfortunately because all but one of them have the same neckline you can't really go with the same necklace but bracelets would work Smiley smile

I wouldn't go with the same shoes but that's because since they already have different style dresses they don't need the same shoes. Same colour - yes. But style? not as big of a deal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics