Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caitlin
Curious May 2019 Ontario

Bridesmaid dresses-uniform or different?

Caitlin, on April 29, 2019 at 11:31 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 25
Are y’all having your bridesmaids wear all the same dress or all different? are you having your MOH wear the same or different if a uniform dress?

25 Comments

Latest activity by Clara, on May 13, 2019 at 21:18
  • Clara
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Clara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a rough idea for the colour scheme but the style will be totally up to them! I want them to be comfortable
  • Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I gave my girls a colour and the material I liked- they had free reign over that. I asked my MOH to wear something glittery so she stands out from the others. My girls are all so different in shapes, styles and confidence so I wanted them to be as comfortable as possible in their own skin on my big day. They're absolutely bonding over their dress selections and it makes me so happy since they're from different friend groups mingled with family Smiley smile

• Kelsey
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I gave my bridesmaids the option - my main concern was that they were comfortable. Two of my bridesmaids have larger chests than the other and one is also newly pregnant.

As long at they were wearing the same colour and the dresses were long, I didn't care.

They did all end up selecting the same dress Smiley smile

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am letting them pick different dresses, as they are all very different body types and have very different tastes. As long as the length and color are the same, I should be happy. My MOH will have a hair piece (the same one I wore as her MOH) to distinguish her from the other lades.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got them from The Gown in Newmarket, they are Christina Wu dresses Smiley smile

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is the exact image I've decided on for inspiration! If you don't mind, where did you get the dresses from?
  • Caitlin
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very pretty!!!!
  • Caitlin
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol not sure what happened with my last message beautiful****
  • Caitlin
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh those are beautiful toful!!!
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only have two bridesmaids and they live across the ocean from each other, so I wasn't picky about style, just colour. The stars aligned and they were both able to get different styles that they liked in the same colour. Thankfully, Mori Lee is available in Canada and Ireland. My FH's sister will be wearing the first dress in the colour shown (bordeaux), and my sister will be wearing the second dress in the bordeaux as well.

Bridesmaid dresses-uniform or different? 1

Bridesmaid dresses-uniform or different? 2
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaids are all wearing dresses similar to this picture. They will be same dress same colour. My MOH was going to wear a belt with hers to make her stand out a little bit more but then all the girls loved the belt with it so they are all the same. There are so many ways to do this now that is really is unique to each wedding Smiley smile

Bridesmaid dresses-uniform or different? 3
  • Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I gave the girls the colors and a couple different styles to choose from. They all ended up choosing the same one!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls are in different dresses, two of them are in a turquoise colour and the other two are in purple, but they are all different.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only have one person on my side (my sister is my MOH) so there’s only one dress but if I had more girls I would have them all wear the same dress.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My maid of honor and my bridesmaid will be in the same color but i am letting then choose the style of dress they want.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm only having one bridesmaid, but if I were having more, I think I would have kept them in the same dress.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is very lucky! I am hoping to have all of my girls in the same material (chiffon) and then the designer has some dresses that are mixed fabric, and I am hoping my MOH will pick one of those dresses.

• Caitlin
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Luckily all 3 of my bridesmaids gave the same body type so they should be ok to wear the same thing if we go that route. My MOH can have the same colour but different style Dress for sure if they are all the same. I’m not sure what to do to make my MOH stand out as the MOH if they are all in different dresses
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Different! I want my girls to be 100% happy and comfortable in the dress they have. I picked the designer, fabric and colour and they picked whatever dress they wanted with that. They all picked very similar styles so they look beautiful together! I have absolutely loved the look of different dresses ever since I saw it for the first time and I knew that's what I wanted.
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have chosen the designer and colour for my girls. Also requested they are all long dresses. I am leaving the style up to them. If they all want to match and like the same dress then sure, if not it’s all ok.
    It’s hard to pick one dress for everyone when you have different sizes and body types. This way the girls pick out a dress they like and are more likely to wear it again
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone wore different dresses-same color. They varied form size 4 to 20. It was really hard due to this and they picked what looked best on them.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I decided that based on just how different all of their body types were that it just wouldn't be the nice thing to do to put them all in the same dress that may flatter some but not all of them.

The guidelines that I put in place were: same colour (which means same store), length (floor), and nothing too snazzy because that was only for the MOH.

The MOH was the only one who could get either sequins, belt, or lace (not all 3 but she got to pick what she wanted in order to stand out).

Oh, and because they were to wear different dresses that meant that none of them could wear the same dress.

This also meant I could go when they were available and not all together which would have been really hard as out 3/5 work M-F 8-4 and the other 2 work shift work.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

4 bridesmaids wearing 2 different dresses. Their choice. We told them to wear whatever they want, just had to be rose gold or as close to it as possible.. So they tried on a bunch between the 4 of them, and they decided they wanted to match.. So 2 of them have a rose gold sequins type dress and the other 2 are in blush pink so they still go together and are similar in colour but completely different. they look great together.

• Caitlin
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awesome !! I am not decided if I want the same dress or not but I do want everyone to go shopping together so we can make sure everyone likes the dress if it is a uniform dress and they they all coordinate if it’s not.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I chose the designer and colour and they chose the style. I did also ask for cocktail length. Different designers have different shades for the same colour which is why I also chose the designer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics